Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for Tom D.
Quote | Reply
I took your advice a few months back on picking up some Golite outerwear for cold weather training... I love the stuff! Kinetic jacket and tights have kept me warm and confortable on frigid, windy days. But my question is:

How do you wash the stuff??? It lists it as hand wash only. I'm a lazy bastard when it comes to laundry and I'll I want to have to do is throw it in the washing machine and be done with it. To have the hand wash the stuff every run or ride has been a huge pain in the rear.

"Set your gear shift to the high gear of your soul,
you got to run like an antelope, out of control!"
Last edited by: flatfootedfatty: Mar 3, 05 13:02
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Tom D. [flatfootedfatty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TOM is currently busy talking to the POPE. The POPE does not feel very well and he is praying for Tom to help him.
He may reply to you later. Do not judge the ways of TOM.

Tom Demerly necessarily exists, Tom’s essence is existence Tom’s essence is perfect, and therefore Tom’s perfection implies that Tom must exist. Since Tom is infinite substance, no attribute which expresses the essence of substance can be denied of Tom . Every being has its being in Tom. Nothing can come into being or exist without Tom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, your question is how do I wash it, not how should you wash it...

I throw the whole mess in the laundry machine and wash it on either hot, warm or cold depending on gross it is, then toss it in the dryer.

Not recommended though. That probably shortens the life of the garments and the dryer may damage them.

I think it is a little more robust than they may suggest, and the "hand washing" label is a good fall- back in case of a warranty issue that needs to be rejected.

In general, I've had great luck with the stuff and been pretty abusive with it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For virtually all my exercise clothes, I wash them on cold and then hang them on one of those indoor drying racks you can find at Targhetto. I've never had a problem.

I was think about how long some of my stuff has lasted over the years, and my longest lasting clothing is Pearl Izumi stuff from the early 90s. That stuff is phenom. They kind of went a little downhill in terms of quality after that (IMHO), but I've heard that their stuff now is back up to snuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Tom D. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I was hoping you'd say.

You're right. The stuff seems well made and couldn't imagine it falling apart by not going by the recommendation on the label.

Thanks!

"Set your gear shift to the high gear of your soul,
you got to run like an antelope, out of control!"
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Tom D. [mts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mts' recommendation might be a much better one.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply