Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fossett on short final. [BLACKSHEEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'm just happy for Tom.
Ok. On that basis, and since a beer truck hit his building and the mammouth cat is a sham, I'll go along with this as being a triumph of the human spirit. But, haven't monkeys been doing this since sputnik?
Quote Reply
Re: Fossett on short final. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be intereting to see him try to stand up.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Fossett on short final. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I'd stay about 50 feet from the door when it is opened. The odor must be pretty rough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The crowd eagerly awaits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
white carbon fiber wings

I think we just got to the bottom of Tom's fascination.

You know, the really impressive thing is Tom's dogged perservence in the face of almost unanimous lack of enthusiasm. The last time I saw such unanimous lack of interest was Brian286's posts where he was trying to help 7-11 sell Support the Troops bracelets.
Quote Reply
Re: Fossett on short final. [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian--I think you miss the point. This remarkable feat has no doubt inspired millions of school children:

Quote Reply
Re: Fossett on short final. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First jet to fly around the world non-stop. Voyager was a prop plane. Mostly not a big deal, but it is an interesting engineering accomplishment. It's not like any plane could make that trip. Seems to have been much easier than the solo balloon around the world attempt. That took many, many tries before Fossett finally made it.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know (or can you find out) how much fuel was left upon landing? I wonder how close he cut it?

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: Fossett on short final. [cvillatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wonder slightly if the fuel story, which emerged when they realised they weren't getting as much publicity as they thought they should, was really bollocks? It would be a very convenient way to get us on the edge of our seats, increase the number of stories about this event, and make Steve look like more of a hero.
Sorry, I'm just get a little skeptical in my old age. Apols to Steve if (as I hope) I'm wrong.
Doug
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, I'm with you on this one...
Quote Reply

Prev Next