Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Questions for Detroit Slowtwitcher's
Quote | Reply
I am going to be in Detroit on Sat. and Sunday this weekend. Does anyone have any ideas on a pool that may be open for some training. Are there sny group swims Sat. afternoon or Sun. I'll be in the Birmingham area. I will have a car so I will be able to get around if need be. Also, I am hoping to get in a long run if the weather is O.K. Are there any large parks or trails that would accommodate a 11-13 mile run. Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: Questions for Detroit Slowtwitcher's [JTG2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out http://www.swimfasttrifast.com/swim.htm for some info.

I don't know what the guest policy is at my club www.thesportsclubs.com, but there is a small masters group that swims on Sat. morning. I am not sure what time, pretty early. I'll be there later doing my own thing. The lap swim is from 6 - 9 I think.

I won't be there, but a lot of my running, and tri friends are going to be running from the Starbucks in Birmingham Sat. morning at 7:30. There are all different levels.

Right now the weather kind of sucks. They are calling for snow showers and mid 30's for the weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Questions for Detroit Slowtwitcher's [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just curious, is that the club that used to be called "one on one fitness" in West Bloomfield?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a YMCA in Royal Oak, and the masters club in Royal Oak swims at one of the high schools. Also a health club in Beverly Hills near Bham that has a pool. Simple run fromo Bham is down Maple Rd. Not much scenery, just a straight shot. But it's safe and there are a million runners. Going to be cold this weekend. Probably early a.m. no more than 20 or so. Perfect!
Quote Reply
Re: Questions for Detroit Slowtwitcher's [Weege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it might be. It's on Farmington just East of Maple. I've only been a member for a few years. I joined for the pool, it's 8 lanes, SCM that is open during the summer and bubbled during the winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Questions for Detroit Slowtwitcher's [Weege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's called The Sports Club of West Bloomfield. There's one in Novi and Pontiac/Bloomfield Hills, too. Farmington Rd. north of Maple.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have a car, may I also recommend a few other locations. I'm sure SE MI residents will be able to back me up on these.

-Kensington MP/Island Lake SRA.: right off I-96, about 30-40 minutes from B-Ham. Mucho mucho trails paved and non-paved. Also, it'd be a chance to get away from traffic.

-Stony Creek MP on 26(?) mile rd right off I-75. More paved trails.

Consult website for further details: http://www.metroparks.com/index.php

Also, if you're interested in hills, just about any place north of Ann Arbor is good.
Quote Reply