Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another - Help me decide what wheelset thread.
Quote | Reply
For you disc riders - How many races were you forced not to ride your disc?

I'm having a delemia on which wheels to buy.....

I've always been entrigued by ZIPP's. However the way they shot their prices up this year, I started thinking HED's.

I could pick up a set of:

Hed3c front and rear for 1384.22

or

HED3c/Superlight Disc for 1354.39.

or

Zipp 606 Set for 1793.18

or

Zipp 909 Set for 1864.57

(All prices include 3 Tufo S3 Lite Tires, 3 Tufo extreme tapes, Valve Extenders as needed.)

Cassettes not included.

I have a check at home in the amount of 1286.00 which have been tagged as "race wheel" money.

HED3c front and rear will cost me an additional - 98.22

Hed Disc Setup will cost me an additional - 68.39

Zipp 606 will cost me an additional - 507.18

Zipp 909 will cost me an additional - 578.57

Is it worth the extra cash to go with zipp? I'm a top of the MOP group, who average 20mph over HIM coarse. I'm racing Timberman HIM and GFT FULL this year. Lake Placid 2006.
Quote Reply
Re: Another - Help me decide what wheelset thread. [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CH Aero Cover!!! (just kidding. sorta)

And you are ruling out the Renn 575 or Madeira WHY?

Get a Renn ($400 or $650 I believe) and you will have $886 or $636 respectively left over for the front wheel, tires, AND a cassette. And be just as fast.*

*disclaimer - I only have a set of used 404's, so take what I hafta say about wheels with a 40lb bag of salt.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Another - Help me decide what wheelset thread. [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only because of the online vendor's selections.... I also definitly have a bit of materialism in me, that is.... I need the name... but I'll check them out...
Quote Reply
Re: Another - Help me decide what wheelset thread. [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You would be crazy not to take a serious look at the Renn's. Their cost is about half of Zipp for a disc and weighs about the same. I like the Hed 3 and have a Hed 3 disc, but would not recommend the other Hed disc wheels as their sides are soft and get dings very easily. G
Quote Reply