Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Euro Shoe Sizing--What's Up With That?
Quote | Reply
Brand A--Size 45 fits me.

Brand B--Size 45 way too small.

Brand C--Size 45 way too big.

I know there is some variability in American shoe sizes, but not that much. I'm getting tired of ordering, mailing back, finding size I really need is out of stock, and on and on.

Anyone able to figure it out? I feel like Goldilocks.
Quote Reply
Re: Euro Shoe Sizing--What's Up With That? [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's pretty typical of all shoes. you just don't notice it as much if the shoe has stretch or is soft. that's why road-runner sports has little notes about sizing up or down a size for certain brands. that's also why I never buy shoes through the mail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Europeans forgot how to count once they started using the same currency. ;-)

(this is a joke... don't get bent out of shape, europe.)

--------
"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word" - John Steinbeck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lord man... it has nothing to do with the sizing... whether it's US, European, UK or CM sizing, shoes run large and small within and among manufacturers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Want to know what is really screwie?

Childs size 5.5, mans size 9 and womens size 7.5 all the same size. There you go..men exaggerating what the real foot length is :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why don't you get Brand A and stop whining? :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same problem, except it's with ALL shoe makers, not just Euro ones.
You'll even find differences in sizes between different shoe models made by the same company, as different models are made in different factories in different parts of the world.

http://www.optruth.org/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, one problem is that companies consistently try to equate US sizes to metric or Euro sizes (which ever they are). There seems to be a lot of difference in different companies' interpretation of that.

Also, people are all over the map in how they want thier shoes to fit. WE fight a battle to get people into shoes that are snug enough, and the "conversion" charts don't help.

I'm in a size 10 English but wear a Shimano TR02 in 41. That isn't on anyone's size chart. Confusing.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Euro Shoe Sizing--What's Up With That? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got Brand A already. They are 5 y/o road shoes and getting pretty raggedy. I have been looking at tri shoes and ordered Brand B in size 45. Too small. Sent them back and asked for a larger size. They were out of stock. So, tried Brand C in size 45. Too big! I think the guy at the UPS store is beginning to wonder about me.

Local bike shops do not stock many bike shoes 'cuz everyone buys them through the mail anyway, so sizing is hit or miss.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All joking aside...as a serious shoe shopper, have you considered calling them before you order and telling them you currently wear Brand A in 45 (lets say Pearl Izumis since those are my favorite) and Brand C (lets say Carnac since those are my second favorite) and have them figure out how PIs in 45 and Carnacs in 4- would measure up? I have shopped many times this way, and the salesperson has almost always got it dead on. Another option..send in your current shoe and ask them to match up the size. I have often walked into places with shoe in hand (and sent in) and asked..don't care what brand, this is what size I need. Amazing what the salesperson will find for you.

Never let a shoe out of your grip- you could keep the really big pair for the time when your feet really swell on a bike ride/race. The day will come that your feet will be so big you can't get them in your current shoe and you will be begging for the big shoes.
Quote Reply