ASSMAN
Quote Reply
Re: Vanity Plates - tri theme [BamaIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3WAY
Quote Reply
Re: Vanity Plates - tri theme [IronZ06] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice, however depending on the state of residency, either no one will know what the hell Fe is or think he is from Santa Fe. Those who completed at least 2-3 years of HS will get a good chuckle (thank God I got my GED).
Quote Reply
Re: Vanity Plates - tri theme [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ONURLEFT

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FGB-53X

Means nothing to me, but it might to someone else.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not saying you are a poser, I'm just giving you what I think is the definition (since you asked). 10 trips to Kona in 15 years is impressive, definitely indicating a strong willingness to train - congrats.

For the record, I think vanity plates (tri-related or otherwise) are stupid and they relate to the Seven Deadly Sins, with vanity being the worst.

Ranked in order of severity (worst sins listed first) as per Dante's Divine Comedy (in the Purgatorio), the seven deadly sins are:
  • pride (vanity) — a desire to be important or attractive to others or excessive love of self (holding self out of proper position toward God or fellows; Dante's definition was "love of self perverted to hatred and contempt for one's neighbor"). In the Latin lists of the Seven Deadly Sins, pride is referred to as superbia.
  • envy (jealousy); resentment of others for their possessions (Dante: "Love of one's own good perverted to a desire to deprive other men of theirs"). In the Latin lists of the Seven Deadly Sins, envy is referred to as invidia.
  • wrath (anger) — inappropriate (unrighteous) feelings of hatred, revenge or even denial, as well as punitive desires outside of justice (Dante's description was "love of justice perverted to revenge and spite"). In the Latin lists of the Seven Deadly Sins, wrath is referred to as ira.
laziness is condemned because:
  • others have to work harder
  • it is disadvantageous for oneself, because useful work does not get done
  • an equilibrium: one does not produce much, but one does not need much either (in Dante's theology, sloth is the "failure to love God with all one's heart, all one's mind, and all one's soul" - specific examples including laziness, cowardice, lack of imagination, complacency, and irresponsibility). In the Latin lists of the Seven Deadly Sins, sloth is referred to as acedia.
  • avarice (covetousness, greed) — a desire to possess more than one has need or use for (or, according to Dante, "excessive love of money and power"). In the Latin lists of the Seven Deadly Sins, avarice is referred to as avaritia.
  • gluttony — wasting of food, either through overindulgence in food, drink or intoxicants, misplaced desire for food for its sensuality, or withholding food from the needy ("excessive love of pleasure" was Dante's rendering). In the Latin lists of the Seven Deadly Sins, gluttony is referred to as gula.
  • lust — unlawful sexual desire, such as desiring sex with a person one is not married to (fornication). (Dante's criterion was "excessive love of others," thereby detracting from the love due God). In the Latin lists of the Seven Deadly Sins, lust is referred to as luxuria.

- copied from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

_________
kangaroo -- please do not read or respond to any of my posts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GOTVELO
Quote Reply
Re: Vanity Plates - tri theme [viking1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRI?

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Vanity Plates - tri theme [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even better!! Check this one out: 0x1EF30EB

http://www.utm.edu/...ch/primes/index.html

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRINEWB
EMTAE
KCUSU
OLEVREC
MRTIBBS
KONA4ME
MEMDOT

3WAY is my favorite

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Vanity Plates - tri theme [sc3826] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's been too long since school. That site made me feel too dumb too fast.
Quote Reply
Re: Vanity Plates - tri theme [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which state are you folks in that allow for 8 digits/numerals? Here in CA we can only go 7, and only 6 on some of the themed vanity plates. The problem with some of those listed of course is that you have to explain to the DMV what it means, and on something like "IFNTRI" you might have to get creative (god forbid right?) to tell them it means something it clearly doesn't, although I think a requisite to working at the DMV is that you really have to not care about anything, especially all the people in line O who should be in another line that they won't know existed until they waited for an hour in line O of course.
Quote Reply
Re: Vanity Plates - tri theme [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monk you asshole you never fail to crack me up. Good thing I'm never drinking when I read your posts. I'm not a big fan of vanity plates (heh that's $36 you could spend on some beers with friends) but if I ever did ULTRAMAN I would think about it. Got a friend who's done it 3 times and he's got ULTRAMN plastered on his Hawaii plates. He's a stud. Wife's an even bigger stud though -- Western States 100 at the age of 56.

FIST Certified Fitter
Salt Lake City, Utah
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SADLSOR

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DE MERL1Y

Tom Demerly necessarily exists, Tom’s essence is existence Tom’s essence is perfect, and therefore Tom’s perfection implies that Tom must exist. Since Tom is infinite substance, no attribute which expresses the essence of substance can be denied of Tom . Every being has its being in Tom. Nothing can come into being or exist without Tom.
Quote Reply
Re: Vanity Plates - tri theme [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A TROIS (following Monk's lead)
NODRAFT (double meaning)

And, for really serious tri-dorks:
ALLSHAVD
IMSOAERO
NOSTOP2P

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Which state are you folks in that allow for 8 digits/numerals? Here in CA we can only go 7, and only 6 on some of the themed vanity plates. The problem with some of those listed of course is that you have to explain to the DMV what it means, and on something like "IFNTRI" you might have to get creative (god forbid right?) to tell them it means something it clearly doesn't, although I think a requisite to working at the DMV is that you really have to not care about anything, especially all the people in line O who should be in another line that they won't know existed until they waited for an hour in line O of course.
A friend of minte tried to get IB6 UB9 past the DMV a few years ago and they laughed him out of the place.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Vanity Plates - tri theme [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was able to slip RUPNOK past the DMV folks. I'm a urologist, so I ask that question all day long.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sofaspud
Last edited by: Badger: Mar 3, 05 16:07
Quote Reply

Prev Next