Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pics. of HED draft-legal shorty aero bars (NEW)
Quote | Reply
Okay, this is courtesy of HED Spain, whom I hasle to send me pics. of anything new that comes in. These are for draft-legal triathlons and are also used by Lance and the boys in climbing TT's apparently.....also available as S-bends. As you can see you can flip them up....and get them ouuta the way when climbing seriously!

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: Pics. of HED draft-legal shorty aero bars (NEW) [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
250g total weight apparently...and they're also incorporating the flip-up system for the Clip-lite bars I believe....for long distance races.....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting concept but it look like it has a lot of moving parts. I'll stick with the FSA's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How long until they come out
Quote Reply
Re: Pics. of HED draft-legal shorty aero bars (NEW) [jameshinton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a bridge to make them legal?
Quote Reply
Re: Pics. of HED draft-legal shorty aero bars (NEW) [Aeroguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, they aren't legal for draft legal tri's unless they are connected! Nothing like good old fashion duck tape, eh? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those are nice. (Shorten your STI cable housings in compliance with Shimano technical manual recommendations though....).

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not to be a knob, but i think the whole s-bend thing is a little lost on stubby ITU aerobars. also, it's true that these aren't ITU legal until the end is bridged. for what it's worth, my Spinacci Lights are more adjustable, leave the drops clean for climbing, and weigh all of 190 grams. as for which bar is sexier. . .frankly i think it's a toss-up.

-mike

p.s - spinaccis are draft-legal

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Last edited by: iron_mike: Mar 3, 05 16:41
Quote Reply
Re: Pics. of HED draft-legal shorty aero bars (NEW) [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could you use a Syntace aerolink or their new bridge the microlink on these bars
Quote Reply
Re: Pics. of HED draft-legal shorty aero bars (NEW) [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like my Profile jammer SL with the velcro fastened pads that give a little cushioning to your wrists but still leave the bars clear for climbing. Only gripe is that the brackets are a little heavy in comparision to the rest of the super light set up. Oh, and yes they ae UCI legal.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: jk_allen13: Mar 4, 05 0:51
Quote Reply