Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cali 1/2IM - Who's been open water swimming?
Quote | Reply
Has anybody in Socal been in the ocean? What's the water temperature been like? Is there any chance of us seeing water temps above 60 in three weeks?

I can't believe Ralph's is in 3 weeks! Does anyone actually feel ready?

Also, if someone has a good link to water temps that would be great.
Quote Reply
Re: Cali 1/2IM - Who's been open water swimming? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are going to freeze. Just get used to it. Hell, what do I know, Stacey pool is cold to me.

At least there are not rumors about cancelling your swim, and you know what course you are riding.

Have a good race!

56-11...the only way to fly
Quote Reply
Re: Cali 1/2IM - Who's been open water swimming? [runboorun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. I'm happy I chose Brazil over AZ right about now. Hopefully they'll get everything worked out and you'll have a good race.

So Pat, when's the big head-to-head? What about that IM in Vegas in November?

If I don't qualify for Kona in Brazil, that is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in the water there yesterday and it was freakin' cold. 2 caps and some people were wearing booties.

Good luck and go fast, that will keep you warm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
weenie.... stacy pool is like a boiling pot....

climb in the wetsuit and tackle barton springs...

you off on wednesday afternoon? I am gonna give the wetsuits another go around... time to get ready for.... CALI TIME!!!!

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have not checked that one out, but I have seen you posting on it. There's an IM distance race in OK called the Redman in October. If they do cancel the swim, my chances of going to Hawaii will go up exponentially and I will be there, but don't hold your breath on that.

Yeah, we need to plan to do a race at the same time this year. good times for sure

Quote Reply
Re: Cali 1/2IM - Who's been open water swimming? [aus_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kidding about Stacey, but I do hate cold water. I work tomorrow and then I am off for ten days which will allow me to either do Leakey or drive to AZ and ride the uknown bike course.

Bad news if you want to swim at Barton Springs. The website says it closes for Spring cleaning from 3/01-3/12. Drive up north and swim at Pure Austin?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
found this for last year's race http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/dsdt/cwtg/spac.html - not as cold as I would have thought

Swimming - what's that?
Quote Reply
Re: Cali 1/2IM - Who's been open water swimming? [BritRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I was in the water there yesterday and it was freakin' cold. 2 caps and some people were wearing booties.

Good luck and go fast, that will keep you warm.

Booties? That bad, huh? Any idea what the temp was?

Has anyone out there done the Manhattan Beach swim this year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No idea on the temp, however once you get over putting your face in the water you get used to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they'll probably open up deep eddy during this cleaning period... they always seem to offer that alternative when they shut the springs down.

so maybe not the open water training that you might like but at least you can do some sets in the wetsuit

l8trs

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply