Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Katja Schumacher article on Velonews
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Katja Schumacher article on Velonews [mwbyrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is one point that gets left out in all the discussion:

Her lashing out at the race organizers and volunteers. I volunteered at said race in Frankfurt.

Although I think that her doping test may not have been handeled 100% correctly, I was deeply saddened and offended by the allegations made against volunteers and the race organization in general.

If there was a problem with the race nutrition it was up to the athletes and race organizers to correct this, not to the volunteers. If athletes start making general allegations towards volunteers of spiking their nutrition, they put down all the people that actually allow them to race and have a payday. If this is the future, both athletes and WTU will have a hard time finding race organizers or volunteers (not to speak of sponsors). If there is a general problem with race nutrition it should have been addressed by the athletes and/or WTU quite a while ago. Why was there no finger pointing at the WTU?

Although there is a marginal chance that Mrs. Schuhmacher may actually be innocent, the damage done by her imprudent comments and allegations (as well as legal actions) will make the question if she is innocent or not quite insignificant.

I for my part will never again volunteer at a race where said athlete will be racing and can understand why others won't accommodate her either.

adrialin

(BOMK, racing drug and supplement free since 1985)
Quote Reply