Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Caloric Rate Swimming
Quote | Reply
I´m trying to get a nutrition plan going, counting my overall caloric intake vs the outake. I can easily get an aproximate figure of the calories I spend running or cycling, but I am having a difficult time calculating the calories burned while swimming. Is there a general rule of thumb regarding X amount of calories for X amount of time or distance?
Quote Reply
Re: Caloric Rate Swimming [Trimex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.nutristrategy.com/activitylist4.htm

i don't claim the numbers are accurate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to the olympic training center from when I was there a long time ago they give swimming at 50/min a value of 10.6 Cal/min

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never trust a simple chart when it comes to calories burned from swimming. Swim efficiency just makes such a huge difference in terms of how many calories you're really burning that you just can't plug in a distance per hour like you can for running. My college swim coach's masters thesis was about how those kinds of charts were totally screwed up.

I'm not sure what's out there or if it even exists, but what you need is some sort of chart based on your aerobic threshold pace (which controls for efficiency reasonably well for what you're looking for) as well as distance covered
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not really as swimming is a sport that is very technical. Efficiency, intensity, and body composition all influence the amount of energy you use while swimming.

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply