Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle 5 deg, from center - for better position?
Quote | Reply
I recently received Cobb's catalogue in the mail. In one of the tid-bit technical writeup inserts, he mentions that many folks do not get into proper position on the bike and suggested the 5-10 degree from center saddle position in order to obtain a flatter back. I have heard of this technique to prevent "discomfort", but not for getting into better position.

I have never had a problem with numbing and, therefore, center the saddle. But should I have this saddle yawl in order to get a lower and flatter back. I ask the question because I spend quite a bit of time at races checking out various setups and have not found this particular setup to be that common. Anyone do this for comfort? Better position? Both?

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle 5 deg, from center - for better position? [Chubby Hubby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I posted a thread where I had GREAT difficulty with the positioning of my Azoto triathlon gel saddle. After applying this 5degree tip from JC the saddle is now by far the most comfortable I've ever used. I don't believe it has something to do with your actual positioning on the bike but what I discover is that with the saddle at 0 degrees I tended to lean towards the one side but now I'm perfectly in line on the bike. The discomfort caused me to not sit straight and still on the bike. If you are happy with a 0 degree saddle it should not be necessary to change as you are perfectly comfortable in this position and thus in line.

I did a lot of googling on this as it took me 2 weeks to get my new saddle position correct and this was the only thing that was needed to achieve comfort and therefore a comfortable aero position.

=====================================
For one who has no objective, nothing is relevant. (Confucius)
=====================================
Quote Reply