Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hijacking the Cross Bike Thread
Quote | Reply
Looking for a new cross bike frame for myself, but I'm having trouble finding what I want:

Frame or frameset only
Steel; 853 or OX Platinum

Disc and Canti mounts; on the frame for sure, I can always get a new fork

Retail $1600 or less

Would prefer a compact frame

Any thoughts? I think a custom Sycip might be the way to go, but looking for something cheap if possible.
Last edited by: xen355: Feb 24, 05 12:02
Quote Reply
Re: Hijacking the Cross Bike Thread [xen355] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want cheap check: Coloradocyclist.com
They've got one for $1300.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sent you a Personal message. Aloha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the gunnar is 853 AND ox platinum. not 100% on the disc mounts . . tho you can always have them added.

for a really nicely priced frame fillet brazed from ox platinum it is very hard to beat curtlo. full custom there - sloping tt, disc mounts, whatever ya want for next to nothing.

http://www.curtlo.com/cyclocross.html

815 bucks with a fork. wicked cool, too. killa!!
Last edited by: t-t-n: Feb 24, 05 12:13
Quote Reply
Re: Hijacking the Cross Bike Thread [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gunnar is the company I forgot about. $700 for a frame w/o fork. I remember helping with a customer who has some custom dimensions for an additional $300. I bet they can compact the frame and add ISO disc mounts for the same add on charge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you know it - they'd be happy to. have 'em slip one of their new EBB's in there, so's you can run it fixed or SS, my man!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can get a complete Cannondale cross bike from under $1100.

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The vanillas are gorgeous... never looked at them before. I will consider them along with Gunnar. The EBB is a great idea, as I am a SS fanatic as well and don't have a road SS yet. What a rig! this is ending up like the Karate monkey from Surley.

So I with one of these two frames, I plan to add a winwood full CF fork with ISO mounts, Campy Record 1x10 drivetrain, using White industries ENO crank 44t, American classic handbuilt wheelset (all black), phil wood BB, ITM Millenium H-bar and stem with some Avid Shorties for now. I'll add avid mech discs for next winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that'll be a sick bike. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you go Sycip you can have it configured any way you want. Tubing/geometry/options/you name it. My Sycip cross toes the line on race days at 17lbs 4oz. Fantastic bike!
Quote Reply