Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED Jet60 wheels
Quote | Reply
Hi guys

I am interested in getting a new wheels for Ironman purposes. But I want to run sprint and Olympic distances too.

What do you think about the Hed Jet60, a good choice?
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet60 wheels [Jocker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HED makes excellent wheels. I have an older Jet front and Jet DEEP rear, along with a Disc. The Jet is the same as the Jet60 and the DEEP is the Jet90 now. I think the Jet wheels are a good value. They are deep and have the aero properties of more expensive wheels, without costing as much. They are essentially, a normal, aluminum rim with a carbon fairing, which makes them heavier than structural carbon wheels (Zipp, Alps, etc.). The aluminum braking surface makes it stop like a regular wheel, without special brake pads. It will also stop in the wet better. For me, I don't see enough value in other wheels to switch from my HEDs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good wheels. Never had problems with the 60's or my 90 Deep. Strong enough to train and race on if you chose. The aero specs are on the Hed web site.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto. I have the 60s, 90s and HED-3s. Fantastic all-around wheels. I ride the 60, almost exclusively, on the front, even in training. Very durable wheel. HED has fantastic customer service if a wheel gets damaged. The 60s are also quite affordable compared to what is now in the marketplace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Hed-Jets (60's) and wanted to mention that they are fairly easy to true. (You have to remove the tire and tube and tape.)
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet60 wheels [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If price weren't an object, would you prefer the Alps over the J60s? They are sooooooo much lighter. Not that I'm a weightwatcher, but the difference is substantial.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet60 wheels [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would probably prefer the Alps personally. I always seem to ride races in extreme crosswinds, and the 63mm total depth of my Jet60 is a handfull...especially on the upper body after a lot of swimming. I typically ride my Tilium SS in races these days, as the aero difference of the additional depth is probably offset by the high spoke count, the crosswind impact on the Tilium is lower, and the road harshness damping is better with the Tilium. I don't own an Alps, but would expect it to be similarly better than the Jet60.

Mad
Quote Reply