Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Laguna Phuket
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any rough "guestimates" of what costs would be to go to this race. Travel + hotel + race registration. Would like to do this race this year on least amount of $$ possible without completely skimping.

Any insigth would help. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Laguna Phuket [SemperTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom's done it. But better check and see if it will be held this year. They got hit by the tsunami..

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Laguna Phuket [SemperTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I booked through my friend Deepak Patel and Premium Plus Sports Travel in Chicago, IL. He arranged for an excellent and convenient hotel stay in Bangkok for my overnight to Phuket.

Deepak also knows an athletes requirements, i.e., he won't put a guy travelling with a bike on the third floor of a hotel when he could put you on the first.

If I recall correctly my total outlay for the trip was about $1500 US. That was pre-tsunami. I am not certain what impact the tsunami will have on the race next year.

Here is a link that includes Deepak's contacts at the bottom:

http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/features/thailand.shtml

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Laguna Phuket [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info Tom!! Gives me a decent benchmark to go forward with. IT is my understanding that the hotel didn't get damaged but it will be interesting to see if there is much of a difference in costs this year. The $1500 range is not bad considering.

I contacted Deepak before and I will again as time approaches to firm up travel ararngements and stuff.

Thanks again!!,

Mark
Quote Reply