Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Update: IM University and Discover Adventures PRO Training series.
Quote | Reply
-IM University is full. We have recieved excellent support from the industry and have put together an excellent lesson plan filled with information. It will be an intense session. Lots of information.

A huge spin-off from this is the amount I have learned this week about IM training, preparation, sports nutrition, etc.

Today I had a meeting with a very interesting guy from a large sports nutritional company. He visited the store personally and conducted a two hour class for me on the basics of digestion as related to endurance sports, osmoality, fluid and carbohydrate processing and absorption rates, how to analyze sports drink contents and an incredibly simple way to see the complex cabohydrate to simple sugar ratio of any sports nutritional such as gel and sports drink. It was fascinating. I thought my head would explode from absorbing info. He also passed on some data we will share with the class that is very thought provoking.

I also met with Frankie Andreu who is the headliner at the Discover Adventure P.R.O. Series Training Camp to be held in Unicoi State Park in Georgia beginning March 13. We will have the team mechanic from the new Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team on staff, Frankie as ride leader, myself doing bike fits and assiting on the road, and a Ph.d Exercise physiologist and expert on training with power meters who is being referred to as the "new Dr. Ed Burke" in honor of the late exercise physiologist who passed away a couple years ago and was a pioneer in modern cycling exercise physiology.

Needless to say, I will be learning a lot myself down there. It looks like our clients will be treated to some top notch, world class staff and me too....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Update: IM University and Discover Adventures PRO Training series. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Link to the P.R.O. series gig FYI:

http://www.discoveradventures.com/TourDesc.asp?id=TDG6

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply