Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Confessions of a pull bouy!
Quote | Reply
I started swimming a couple of years ago at 34 years old. Starting from zero, I taught myself to become at best a mop'er in my age group. I started to use a pull bouy last year, to mask my poor kick. I figured that I didn't need to kick with my wetsuit on, so I started to use the pb more often. I course I kept adding to the excuses on why I needed it... don't want to over tax my legs for my next key run, save my legs for the bike, on and on. I learned that my kick is brutal. I read an article on using a 6 beat kick (I had now idea what that was) and tried that tonight at the pool, in the dark so I wouldn't be spotted. You see I think that there may be a few (fast) ST'ers that swim at my pool in the afternoon (VVL) :)
I think after tonights slice of humble pie I will start adding some kick sets into my workout. But just a couple of questions...
1. with my first downward kick with my right leg starts my left hip turn and then my right hand stroke??
2. what is the best type of kick sets to help with this rhythm?

this is one of the articles that got me started on using a kick with my swimming.
http://www.h2oustonswims.org/articles/bottom_up_swimming_revised.html

any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Confessions of a pull bouy! [Drock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boy your post sounds awfully familiar to me .....