Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Clip-on Aerobar advice???
Quote | Reply
I am looking for an affordable aerobar set that I can clip onto my roadbike. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on a good brand and model. I have a Giant TCR-1 (2001) and this will be the first set of aerobars i have used, and therefore i am pretty lost in the dark

"If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it..."
(Rudyard Kipling)
Quote Reply
Re: Clip-on Aerobar advice??? [freewheeling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I strongly recommend a small size Syntace C2. They are still the standard for comfort IMO. I used C2's on my TCR and they worked great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with Cerveloguy.....Syntace C2 are absolutely awesome. Good luck with your choice!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Syntace c2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK then, Syntace C2 clip from me as well (and I've tried a few)

Quote | Reply
Visiontech makes a cool mini clip on aerobar as well, I plan on buying one before the season starts, I think there was a thread on here about them a couple of days ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would definitely give the Vision-tech shorty bars a look. I started out with the C2s on my road bike, but could never get them to feel right. I kept choking down on the bars so that I was actually grabbing onto the straight part at the bottom. I got sick of this and eventually made my own straight shorty bars. This was last year and the Vision-techs were not available. Had they been, I think they would be on my bike right now.

-------
Andrew

"When will i learn, people do not want to hurt but will spend $500.00 bucks to go four seconds faster." - randall t
Quote Reply
Re: Clip-on Aerobar advice??? [zoomy3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I kept choking down on the bars so that I was actually grabbing onto the straight part at the bottom. "

So did I when using medium size on my road bike. I used a medium size on my tri bike but had a problem on the road bike due to the different geometry. Once going to one size smaller on the TCR road bike they fit perfect.

I found the small size C2's to be more comfy than my Profile Jammer GT's. Also a little longer which in my case felt better.

Also the C2's small are a little longer than the shorty bars, not much, but a consideration if the poster shifts his seat forward for tris or TT's.

The C2's have been around awhile, so unlike the new shorty bars, you can get them cheap secondhand on ebay.
Quote Reply