Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

S Bend extensions
Quote | Reply
Anyone tried the Hed S Bend's or know if the extensions would fit the Profile Stryke aerobars?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: S Bend extensions [Andy G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The HED S Bends slip into the Carbon Stryke with ease.

(aluminum and carbon)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes the HED s-bends will work.

The new carbon Bontrager s-bends will also work.

Andy G - I sent you a PM
Last edited by: king1: Feb 23, 05 6:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So will a "riser" mountain bike bar that has been cut in half. I mentioned this awhile back. It might be a few grams heavier however I got mine for $12.95 the guy at my shop didn't charge me anything to cut it in half and the installation was essentially the same it would have been for the Hed bars which would have been precut. I was scared that there might be trouble with my barend shifters but my mechanic had no trouble with it. I love them ergonomic feel and sleeker look.

I am not sure but I would guess that the "original s-bends" were probably concocted like this. BTW straight extensions = flat mountain bike bar cut in half, shallow s-bends = 20 mm mountain bike riser bars cut in half, deep s-bends = 35 mm mountain bike riser bars cut in half.

One other thing I keep hearing about the Hed S-bends being backordered, I do not know if this is still the case but there is certainly plenty of mountain bike handlebars without backorder issues.

Go ahead call me cheap. I guess i should have posted this on the new TSR website.
Quote Reply
Re: S Bend extensions [konaby2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's an awesome idea.

However, Steve is an elitist and has suppliers like me who can whip out a CF mold in about 2.5 seconds. I doubt he did a hack job like that... even for a prototype.

The Dude abides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another alternative is a BMX "lay back" seat, the ones with the S bend and 22.2 diameter. It slides right into the Profile Aerolite where the normal extensions fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an extra set of S-bends if you're interested.

Otherwise...will be on ebay within a few days.
Quote Reply
Re: S Bend extensions [xen355] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't it odd to have a quote from a fictional serial killer at the end of your postings? Buffalo Bill character from Silence of the Lambs?
Quote Reply
Re: S Bend extensions [Spandexboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No more odd than many other signatures. if I changed it, would it help you sleep at night?
Quote Reply
Re: S Bend extensions [Smitty8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No thanks I did the "hack job' on a mountian bike bar already. I think that I will spend my ebay resources on something else.
Quote Reply