Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Please comment on my aero position - UCI legal [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use LeWedges, and highly reccomend them to most riders (based on need)

Quote Reply
Re: Please comment on my aero position - UCI legal [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.lemondfitness.com/products/lewedge

The single best cycling product I have ever purchased!!!!!!!

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: Please comment on my aero position - UCI legal [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks cool, I'll have to see about picking a set up. I've reduced it thru drill work, but I still see it, esp when doign a long seated climb.

Thx a bunch hon.

AP
Quote Reply
Re: Please comment on my aero position - UCI legal [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With all due respect, top riders are opening up their elbow width......not narrowing it over the past several years.

Quote Reply
Re: Please comment on my aero position - UCI legal [Smitty8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tres interesting. (Thought I would throw in my limited French for Francois)

Quote | Reply
Hey Stephen

You look fast dude! Have you tried to run your arm pads with out the risers? I took the risers out and run the pads right on the bars. It gives you a better wrist/hand angle on the extensions. And I also found (I run A700 also) that if you take the risers out you can move the pad back some by using only one of the screws, so the pads are father back on your forearms, it makes it a bit more comfortable for me.

Rock on!

Dan…

A.K.A bikedude

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Likely to facilitate knee clearance, as seen in these photos. If a rider can mange it, closer spaced elbows will reduce frontal area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"closer spaced elbows will reduce frontal area"

How so? I don't understand.
Quote Reply
Re: Please comment on my aero position - UCI legal [bikedude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good point Dan, I will test it and see.....I definately have an issue with the angle of the wrists and lowered them because of it.....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
""closer spaced elbows will reduce frontal area"

How so? I don't understand.

>> By reducing the frontal area, making the cyclists lower and more narrow, the rider becomes more aerodynamic ... usually
Quote Reply
Re: Please comment on my aero position - UCI legal [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adrian wrote: What would be a ideal value for how much lower the top of the elbow pads are from the top of the saddle?

Slowman has a formula on his site about tri-bike fit. This isn't a tri-bike, but, it might yield some good information.

FWIW, I measure saddle to armpad drop with a level and a ruler. Just put the level on the saddle, make sure the bubble is centered as you hold the end over your arm pads, and measure the distance from the bottom of the level to the arm pad.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply

Prev Next