Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P2K or Quintana Roo Tequilo????
Quote | Reply
Hi all i am interested in getting a new bike for Triathlon purposes (up to Half IM at this stage) currently I ride a Giant TCR2. Which of these two bikes both of which are in my budget do you think is best.

The Cervelo only has Carbon front, while the QR has carbon seat stay as well. I will match either bike with carbon Spinergy wheels so I'm not sure if the carbon seat stay is all that important??? Anyone who has riden either or both please pass on any comments.

Thanks

David
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2K or Quintana Roo Tequilo???? [DMP1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it has been said somewhere that carbon seat stays are actually heavier. Although, if you're just going for looks...

Increasing awareness for suffers of DGS (Diminished Gluteal Syndrome).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're asking between another bike and a cervelo on this forum
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2K or Quintana Roo Tequilo???? [BIke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a cat 2 roadie and now a full time tri geek, I am going to suggest a bit of the old status quo. I posted a 4:43 HIM in my first year of tris on a TCR Giant carbon with Dura Ace, Mavic Cosmic Carbones, and Syntace 2 clip ons. It is light, stiff, and aero with a compact frame and aero fork. Save the money on a new bike, get a coach (www.bntcoaching.com), take a training trip, or get some great wheels. The Giant will do you right as is. Ask a certain Ms. Jones who continues to tear it up on one.

Seamus

Guiness only has 120 calories. I'll have six.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David,

Buying a new bike will not make up for what appears to be shortcomings in your ability to push yourself harder. I would suggest sticking with the Giant and working towards leaving the small pond that is the Enticer series.

I hear the the P2K has room for chopped up fins.

OK private jokes aside have you given up on the Talon comparison as well? Folks if you're out there he had also asked about which of the three would be best. As previously mentioned by others, the bike is for the added w@nk factor, hard yakka will do more for your times. See you on Thursday slacker...The Coombe awaits another virgin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The one that fits best:

P2K: Low head tube long top tube. Most versatile range of seat tube angles.

Tequilo: Higher head tube slightly shorter top tube. Fixed seat tube angle at either 76 or 78 degrees (can't remember off the top of my head).

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2K or Quintana Roo Tequilo???? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at both Cervelo and QR lines and went with an 04 Caliente (same frame as the 05 Tequilo). The Cervelos was a very nice bikes, but I didn't feel that I was fit properly on them (P2k & P3) You seem to get more for your money with Cervelo, but it didn't work out for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's actually a horribly simple process. You go into a bike shop. You take a look at both of them.
Then assuming you can reasonably fit both of them, you proceed to buy your favorite.
Buy the one that sings to you.
The one that speaks to your heart.
Sciencetific mumbo jumbo aside, your biggest factor for speed is how much time you spend riding the bike after you buy it.

It's not how fast you are, it's how fast you look.
Both those bikes look pretty fast. It's your call.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2K or Quintana Roo Tequilo???? [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.....ride it???? I was going to frame it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should add, if you are that kind of "shortish torso, higher head tube" style rider and you wind up on the QR, the frame on the Tequilo and the frame on the Caliente are superbe this year. Light, comfortable and nicely made.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2K or Quintana Roo Tequilo???? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is the main reason Im thinking of a new frame. Currently I feel like Im reaching way too far to get onto the tribars and on distance rides getting sore tri's, shoulders and lower back. The shoulder / elbow angles in this position on the TCR is between 130 - 140 degrees instead of the optimum 90. After setting the bike up, and taking this into account I deduce that the tope tube on the TCR is too long for my body. Its a medium and measures about 54.5cm. I think I need a frame with a TT of say 51cm. This is also part of the reason i like the P2K as this distance can be varied due to the seatpost angle variance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It sounds like you should never have gotten a medium over a small TCR in the first place.
Quote Reply