Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Free Vo2MAX, baby!
Quote | Reply
I just signed on as a participant in some guy's research project on "Differences in Inspiratory Muscle Fatigue following Maximal Exercise in University-Aged Males and Females". The catch? He's looking for "normal university student types". Not highly trained athletes. My angle? I'm fat and out of shape, having spent the better part of a year putting in 14-18hr days in front of a keyboard. Yeah, I'm "average" all right. Tomorrow is the day of truth - I get hydrostatically weighed. This has the potential to be very bad for my ego. Oh well... I've always wanted to get "dunked".

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Free Vo2MAX, baby! [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If there is anyone here interested in their true Vo2, and live in the Metro NY area, contact me. My training Company, Functionally Innovative Training has a Cardiocoach Vo2 Analyzer which is lkab accurate. By collecting your expired air while doing a graded exercise test I can give you your Vo2 max, but most importantly, I can give you your anaerobic threshold and your TRUE heart rate training zones as well as power output for the bike. Email me directly.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Re: Free Vo2MAX, baby! [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wishing you the best dude.

-----------------------
Proud member of Team Tooth Pick (TTP): like a leaf in the wind.
Quote Reply
Re: Free Vo2MAX, baby! [powergyoza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks bro - it's good to see you out here.

I went in for baseline measurements today, got dipped, and go back on Thursday for the meat of the testing. He'll also tell me how fat I am on Thursday.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply