Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

help !! lucero or p3sl or what
Quote | Reply
I am looking at getting a new tri bike and am thinking about the lucero,p3sl/p3c ? how should i choose if they are both good fit ?

is a test ride any real help in the decision ,being a one off might not be that good of an indication !
Quote Reply
Re: help !! lucero or p3sl or what [bbbazza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It it fits you lucero, From the famous words off ferris buller "if you have the means I highly recomend you pick one up".
Quote Reply
Re: help !! lucero or p3sl or what [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why ? what does/will it do better than the others .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They fit pretty differently. Read Dan's review of the Lucero.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: help !! lucero or p3sl or what [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so which would you choose Tom if you were buying one of those 3 bikes (your own $$$),I know the p3c will be awhile.Will there be that much difference in the fitting/set up.

I Am going to test ride the first 2 over the next week or 2 but don't really like having to choose from one ride ! what else can you tell me about them .

Thanks Bazza
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's offered with a wonderful gruppo

It's got a very stable ride

It's backed by a great company

It's available

I am not going to compare them head to head, but the above reasons are some that helped put one in my garage.

I've got a few hundred miles on my lucero now and the ride continues to impress me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your reply stewart, what were you ridding before the lucero ? what else did you look at buying ? what distance do you race /ride ?

Bazza
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm. Seems like such a strightforward question.

Well, you asked which one I have. I have both in stock in my store and sell both. I can have either one. I won a P3Sl and have a P3C on order for myself.

The Lucero is a good bike. Based on how I recommend bikes (I'm not a fan of test rides and don't trust the results of them with a $3000+ purchase) I would have to measure you and ask quite a few questions before I made a recommendation I'd be willing to stand behind.

I ride a P3SL becasue the dimensions of the frame suit my anatomy/measurements/riding style better than most other bikes currently available- particularly the low head tube and my "relative" top tube length. I also have a new Guru Cron-Alu and a Cervelo R2.5 road bike.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"what were you ridding before the lucero ? what else did you look at buying ? what distance do you race /ride ? "

Cervelo, I looked at pretty much everything, but not mentioned above was I wanted 700c in a smaller frame so that limited the playing field a little, I'll be honest in that I was skeptical about buying a newly designed bike, but now I am glad I did, whatever they did they did it right. I may do a half this year but that will be the longest, I'll do a century on it next month. I am still fine tuning it, yet like I said it continues to shine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks again for your feedback Tom.

Can/would you help me make the right decision if I give you more detail,measurements.I live in Australia.If I was OS I would be coming to your shop for an honest fitting and buy off you.

as I said I am prepared to wait if the p3c is better fit/ride .

regards bazza

ps my filters at work screen out most incoming email so I don't always get things sent to me .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Stewart, have you checked out the Fiesta Island thread? Your former Cervelo continues to shine, even in the mud. I am quite thankful that you decided to upgrade.

Increasing awareness for suffers of DGS (Diminished Gluteal Syndrome).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

(I'm not a fan of test rides and don't trust the results of them with a $3000+ purchase

Tom, you've said this often before. Can you explain. When a customer comes to you, do you leave him out of the decision on which bicycle to buy? If I came in and said "I want to test ride a Lucero and a P3" what would you tell me?

Would you buy a car based on the car salesman's recomendation?

(I know everyone's really touchy right now. I'm not being a smart-ass. I just don't get it.)

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: help !! lucero or p3sl or what [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can tell you from first hand experience that Tom will try to put you on the best bike for you (fit wise). The brand and model is up to your fit, although he will let you buy any bike that you want he will give you all the information needed to make the right choice, sorta like leading a cow to water. Look at my thread "When is spring".

What the mind can conceive and believe, the body will achieve.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All things being equal...and who knows if they are or aren't...it comes down to looks, the P3 is too flashy for me, screams "I am a label-conscious, tri-geek." :-)
Quote Reply
Re: help !! lucero or p3sl or what [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have two kinds of customers, both of them excellent customers:

1. The kind that come to us and say, "I heard you have a lot of experience fitting triathlon bikes and have been in the sport for 20 years. I'd like your recommendation as to what bike will be best suited for me and my goals."

And:

2. The kind that come to us and say, "I heard you have a lot of experience fitting triathlon bikes and have been in the sport for 20 years. I want a Superkona Deluxe in 53cm."

Both customers are important to us. I do often wonder why the second type of customer even comes here. If they know what they want, they will save money buying on the Internet (hopefully from us). We're not selling bikes, we're selling optimal fit.

We don't do test rides at all anymore.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"We don't do test rides at all anymore. "

Really? I get what you're saying - but to some people, there's a certain level of comfort/piece of mind they can get from just taking it for a quick cruise...no matter how confident I was in someone's advice or fit experience, I'd at least want to give it a quick cruise to kick the tires....

Do you ever get pushback on that?
Quote Reply
Re: help !! lucero or p3sl or what [UCSD racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I missed that thread. Outstanding performance,
Quote Reply