Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oval A700 SLAM Aero Bars
Quote | Reply
Is anyone using the new Oval A700 Slam aero bars? Any thoughts + / - ? Looking at its photos at the website, and I was wondering with the amount of fore & aft movement, if anyone has hit their knees to the bars when standing and climbing?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Oval A700 SLAM Aero Bars [Kinesio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using them for the occasional time trial for the past year. Good for road bikes, since traditional clip-on's tend to have the pads too far forward for the slack angled position. Haven't hit my knees, but I suppose it's possible if you have it set aft a lot. I think they're better than the Profile Jammers since the Ovals have a bit longer reach. They are a bit of a pain to put on since it uses shims for 26.0 mm bars.

Increasing awareness for suffers of DGS (Diminished Gluteal Syndrome).
Quote Reply
Re: Oval A700 SLAM Aero Bars [Kinesio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering with the amount of fore & aft movement, if anyone has hit their knees to the bars when standing and climbing?

This is all depending on your top-tube length and your femurs.

Although they seem to have 2 positions for the armrests, I know that I would have trouble with them. One word comes to mind so:

Hacksaw

They are neither light nor reasonably priced and I do not like the swooping extensions. With all that I wouldn't trade my profiles in (yet).

adrialin

(BOMK, racing drug and supplement free since 1985)
Quote Reply