Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pain In Sit Bone
Quote | Reply
I overcooked the bike trainer and have had an achey pain in/under my left sit bone (butt) for 6 weeks. Makes it hard to sit the day after I ride, but gets better until I ride again. Am I risking a chronic problem if I continue to ride?
Quote Reply
Re: Pain In Sit Bone [TheBorg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it persists get it looked at. Perhaps you should also consider a different saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You shouldn't be on your sit bones if you're riding in the aerobars on your trainer. If you're on road bike, does your saddle fit your sit bones well? I seem to have fairly wide sit bones and it took me quite a few tries to find a saddle that didn't cause pain. Surprisingly, I'm on the Selle Italia SLR saddle (it has basically zero padding) and it's the most comfortable saddle I've ever owned (for a road bike).

http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=8&description=SLR+Saddle&vendorCode=SELLE&major=1&minor=18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's hard to tell from your description of the pain, but have you considered that it may be unrelated to your saddle/sit bones and actually a high strain or tendinitis? Can you elicit pain with activity off the bike, like lunges, knee bends or squats?
Quote Reply
Re: Pain In Sit Bone [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a similar problem and it might be your Piriformis. Do a search for my topic a week or two ago and there are some great stretches in there. My pain is nearly gone after two weeks and all I missed were two days of running.
Quote Reply