Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cheapest frame shipping?
Quote | Reply
What is the cheapest, yet still safe way, to send a frame from AZ to CA?

thanks

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Re: Cheapest frame shipping? [theswiss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put it in the appropriate sized box with proper packing material and drop it off at FedEx Ground. I've found they're consistently less expensive than UPS, and in my experience, have been more reliable. If you want to get an idea of how much it'll cost, put in the weight/dimensions/origin zip/destination zip on the FedEx website--the rate calculator. It's automatically insured for $100. If you want more insurance you'll have to pay a few more pennies/per $100. Good luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI I just got hammered by UPS to ship my P3 frame from IN to CO, and I boxed and packed it up. $56 one way

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've found FedEX ground to be the least expensive for shipping, but I've also found them to be the biggest pain in the ass when receiving.

It's my understanding (through a recent issue) that the Ground folks operate as independent reps, so the problem is:

1) Can't redirect to alternative shipping (work), however the shipper can..but only after 1st attempt. I ship everything to home, but never there and need to re-direct.

2) After 1st attempt, if you "hold" for pick-up, it may not be available for a few days b/c that truck doesn't go back to the main office each night like UPS.

3) In the above scenario, they might not get the message, so they will try a 2nd attempt.

4) In the above scenario again, they might not get the message, try a 3rd attempt and then send back to shipper.
Quote Reply
Re: Cheapest frame shipping? [Smitty8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FedX complete bike in bike box, Long Island NY to Lake Tahoe CA; $35 before insurance. Shipped right on time both ways.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Cheapest frame shipping? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks everybody!

next week I will have a P3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Re: Cheapest frame shipping? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you get that quote? When I used the telephone VRU or web page, they hit me w/ an oversize charge which brings costs to $91 each direction. Its a standard Trico bike box.
Quote Reply
Re: Cheapest frame shipping? [scox43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
         I just took it there and dropped it off for shipping. Filled out the paper work and handed it over. With insurance I think it was just over $50 each way. Ground shipping all the way.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply