Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wingate Power Test Results
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of a study(ies) that show the different variables elicited from the Wingate Power Test in trained cyclists or triathletes. In paticular i am looking for a way to catagorize a well trained vs. trained vs. national vs. world class athletes in regards to their peak power, avg watts, watts/kg, etc found by doing the Wingate 30s test.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Wingate Power Test Results [The Lurker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why are you choosing a Wingate test to categorize endurance athletes?

Aren't you more concerned with aerobic power? (i.e. power at lactate threshold or power at VO2max)
Quote Reply
Re: Wingate Power Test Results [JustCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This will be done as a supplemental test to a Bicycle Performance Test that looks at power at the 2 thresholds, etc.

The wingate is just another offering that some athletes have expressed intrest in and I am having trouble finding comparative data.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many athletes of the 1996 Olympics performed the Wingate test and I believe gymnasts scored the best. I'm not sure if cyclist or track cyclist were included in the study. This just goes to show how powerful gymnasts are. In many respects, they are the best athletes in the world.

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, the 'bucket test'. Prepare for much wretching, and make sure they cool down! Don't let them leave the room alone for at least 10 - 15 min, even for going to the bathroom. Gotta have a Wingate buddy!

We used to do those on our NHL team. After one test battery, they had ripped off the stem off a Monark bike - just torqued it off. Crazy. Their relative and absolute Wingate #'s weren't all that great, though.

Aaanyways, have you checked PubMed? One other option is to check Andy Coggan's power spreadsheet at www.cyclingpeaks.com. He's got it stratified by sex, performance level, and time. I'm pretty sure there's a 30 sec category. sounds like it's just what you're looking for.

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply