Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If I am a bad weather wussy, will I need the PT SL over the PT Pro?
Quote | Reply
If I rarely do cycles in bad weather, would I be wasting my money on the SL? I understand the hub is better but is the money worth it if I would not be going through bad weather?

Quote | Reply
no. not unless you care about the weight because you are putting it into a big-$$$ wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: If I am a bad weather wussy, will I need the PT SL over the PT Pro? [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will the hub of the Pro unit require much servicing?

Quote | Reply
Does anyone know where the best prices can be had by a reputable seller?

Quote | Reply
I researched this a bit - almost bought a powertap pro but went with the ergomo instead. I'm no expert - no doubt the weight, weather-proofness, and bearings are better in the SL but it seems the pro works quite well. For the money - I was going to go with the PT Pro, mavic open pro rim. I found a good price at analyticcycling - plus it comes with the cyclingpeaks software.....I have no affiliation.

DAve
Quote Reply
Re: If I am a bad weather wussy, will I need the PT SL over the PT Pro? [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Pro. I would tell you to get the SL if you can afford it. The Pro uses the same cheap standard drive side bearing as the Standard PT. The Pro has only 3 hub bearings total. The SL has a much better setup with 4 total hub bearings and all of them are sealed cartridge type. The SL has two cartridge type but then they put a low grade (105 level) noncartridge type on the drive side. I had to replace the cone and balls at 1500 miles on my Pro. I used top line replacements and have had no further issues.

I think the SL is better designed, regardless of weight or weather seals...these are added benefits.
Quote Reply