Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Monk
Re: Tibbs--You got the money. Man up on the bike. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
sent $50.00 to help with the shipping costs

Fifty dollars?! Tops it costs around $15-20 to ship a bike via FedEx ground in a box you can get for free from your LBS. And doesn't he work for UPS or something anyway?

Tibbs... dude... wassup?!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by occy [ In reply to ]
Re: Tibbs--You got the money. Man up on the bike. [MojojojoMasterG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW--I was totally sassified with Tibbs' response.
Quote Reply
Re: Tibbs--You got the money. Man up on the bike. [MojojojoMasterG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monk should get some change back.

My LBS charged me $20 to box & ship a bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Tibbs--You got the money. Man up on the bike. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming Tibbs contacted you with a PM. I'm wondering why you didn't do the same in the first place.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Tibbs--You got the money. Man up on the bike. [maybourne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes he will be getting change and yes the bike will be in occy's hands very soon. I have tone of excuses but I have taken care of it to those who are involved.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$20? I just shipped a bike at the UPS store yesterday and it cost me nearly $70 with insurance....that's ground.

I've never been able to ship a bike for less than $45....
Quote Reply
Re: Tibbs--You got the money. Man up on the bike. [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
$20? I just shipped a bike at the UPS store yesterday and it cost me nearly $70 with insurance....that's ground.

I've never been able to ship a bike for less than $45....
Then you've been screwed. Get on www.fedex.com and check the rates.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
71.0 x 8.2 x 31.0 in

These are the measurements I entered...this is what we measured at the UPS store...standard bike box for a large sized frame. Assumed weight was 25 pounds...everything here came in over several hundred dollars.

What dimensions are you using to ship it for $20?
Quote Reply
Re: Tibbs--You got the money. Man up on the bike. [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UPS = $$$$.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...this was based off the fedex website....still waiting for someone to show me how it's possible to ship a bike for $20.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know what to tell you. Maybe it has to do with a business relationship the LBS has? I think they can ship cheaper because they are a business.

Another LBS that used UPS wanted $45 to box & ship the bike. A couple others used fedex and wanted $25 & $20 respectively.

You want me to fax you a receipt or something?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
...this was based off the fedex website....still waiting for someone to show me how it's possible to ship a bike for $20.....

WHAT was based off the fedex website?

What's the two zip codes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was based off the fedex web site...

53208 to 88011

insured for $1,900.....fire away....

I don't doubt that a bike shop could get a slightly better rate, but even my friends that own shops still ask for at least $35/bike...

Quote Reply