Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gerard - Sastre P3
Quote | Reply
Gerard,

I work onsite at CSC and the facility it just received one of Carlos Sastre's P3s. It's going to be put up in the lobby as a conversation piece. Even has a set of 909s. I'm going to pump up the tires tomorrow (and hopefully take it for a ride!)

Anyways, I'm 6' tall and jumped on the bike. I'm wondering what size P3 Sastre rides. Based on just sitting on the bike, it looks like it's a close fit for me. And he rides with a pretty serious drop from the seat to handlebars.

Do you know?

Thanks,

Mike

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Re: Gerard - Sastre P3 [mwbyrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mike,

I answered this somewhere else but anyway, that's a 52cm P3. Not sure about the drop, that really depends on if it is pre or post windtunnel, if you can send a pic I can figure it out.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The funny thing is that Sastre is NOT 6feet tall... :-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you should know that i am unspeakably jealous of you. and i don't think i'm the only one

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Re: Gerard - Sastre P3 [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, about 5'7. But, especially post-windtunnel, his saddle height on the TT bike is pretty impressive as is his drop.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Gerard - Sastre P3 [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He must have some seriously long legs for a 5'7" guy.

Just sitting on the bike, it felt like a good fit for me. Crazy...

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Re: Gerard - Sastre P3 [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gerard,

Here are some pictures. I pumped up the tires this morning and believe it or not, it's raining in San Diego so I couldn't ride it...maybe next week.

I have to admit, you've got me totally confused on Cervelo sizing (at least the P3). If you would have told me that it would be possible to ride a 52 P3, I would have said no way.

Here are the pictures. I've also included some of the 'illegal' TT helmet. It's really nothing but a thin piece of plastic. I understand why the UCI made the ruling that they needed to be crash helmets last year. They provided absolutely no protection, just aerodynmic advantages.

Mike

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Re. your photos, you've gotta host 'm to post 'm, you can't just put them up from your desktop, they are invisible to the rest of the world.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just the dreaded red x..............
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There on Ofoto. Right click the picture and copy the link into your browser, then they should show up on Slowtwitch.

Or I can email them to someone with a website.

Mike

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mike, ask the facilities guy to get a ruler and straighten out the lettering on the wall. That's embarrassing to have such a beautiful bike with such clean lines next to the letters that are askew.

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard,

Try this. If this doesn't work...I'll have to get a website up and running...

TheBikeRacer.com
Last edited by: mwbyrd: Feb 11, 05 12:27
Quote Reply
Re: Gerard - Sastre P3 [BallPrkRat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, this is CSC..... They're lucky just to have a lobby....

Oh yeah, I don't work for CSC, I work for SAIC and we'd never have a crooked sign!

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know much about bike fit but that bike looks too small for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Gerard - Sastre P3 [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, and Mike, you're going to need to wear a full kit to work so that we can really see the fit. With the baggy jeans it's too difficult to make an accurate judgement and do a professional, online fitting.

P.S. Do you think anyone would really notice if you put your LeMond up on the wall and took the P3 home?

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply