Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimming Bands - How to Make 'em
Quote | Reply
so, do you just use old tubes? for clarification, i'm talking about the ones that go around your ankles so you can't kick not the kind for dryland training for your shoulders.

can you help a brother?
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming Bands - How to Make 'em [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cut the bottom 2-3" off of an old wetsuit then "tied" those two pieces together with a piece of thera-band (but a bike tube would probably work). "tie" through the seams of the cut-off pieces and you shouldn't have a problem with it tearing out the neoprene. Mine has held up to fairly regular use over the better part of a year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
use a old tire from a lawn tractor or simialr size. Figure eight it, slip your feet in and off you go

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used a cheapy bike tube too....got the widest one I could find, then use the figure-8 on it, and it works perfect

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the bands that float a little. Even doing long distance or pull sets, I still kick to maintain my body position and keep my legs from sinking. If I really want to isolate the upper body, I need to float the ankles with something - or else I end up with a pull buoy between my knees. Tractor tubes or cut-down MTB tires with a little bit of air in them works best for me. Loop into a figure 8 and you're all set.

Marcus
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use 2 bungee cords. A hand towel around each ankle, figure 8 a short bugee cord, and hook 1 end of your long cord around the figure 8 and the other end to the pool deck, ladder etc.

You can't kick sointervals for me were pretty short - 4-5 min. This works the shoulders heavily. Be sure you don't create any kinks in your stroke.

With a 12 yd pool as my olny option it is either swim teathered or lots and lots of wall tag.

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you can use anything that holds your ankles together. old tubes, stretch cords, whatever. i cut up an old wetsuit. the neoprene tends to be a bit more comfortable than some of the other options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the cool things about swim bands for your ankles - if you have a stroke error your legs will go all over the place. Have someone watch your hips and legs as you swim without kicking or just feel for lateral motion. Your legs usually move laterally when your arm recovers or you breathe by looking backward. Us e the bands sparingly. They can overload your shoulders.

Stay focused and you will learn to feel your stroke.

Doug Stern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the rubber bands that came with my Profile aero bottle.
Quote Reply