Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Running drills for PC users?
Quote | Reply
Do any of you PC users do any special running drills to further reinforce the PC motion into your running stride and really use your hip flexors? I've only been using the PC's about 3 weeks, and I've only been on a few runs, but already I feel a bit easier on my feet. I'm wondering if there is anything I should be doing to really make it stick. I'm not in any rush, since my goals aren't until the fall.

Thanks,
-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Running drills for PC users? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colin, yes. Just ride the PC's as much as you can. That IS your running drill! You might find your lower legs need a little "hardening", because you may tend to lift you knees a little higher, so watch for calf-shin discomfort and adjust accordingly. But, I don't know of anything to suggest other than ride the PCs. A couple of years ago, I was able to train through an achilles injury and come out with a PR in a half marathon by simply staying on PC's and not running more than 3-4 miles a week for over a month. Dr. Day kept telling me not to worry, just ride and I'd be OK if my achilles healed. It did, and he was right.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply