Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gym Pool Rant [l'homme rouge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly.
Quote Reply
Re: Gym Pool Rant [grumpy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpy--I have no problem with you at all, but you did say "infested with old people". Now you say "I don't have a problem with someone being old". You were nasty, I busted you, and now you don't want to "man up".

What are you, grumpy?
Quote Reply
Re: Gym Pool Rant [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would have to completely agree with Grumpy on this one. Monk is just stressed out about LB and isn't thinking straight.
Last edited by: KJGrog: Feb 10, 05 21:25
Quote Reply
Re: Gym Pool Rant [KJGrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Monk is just stressed out about LB
Kevin--If you run into her, please let her know she can have me if she wants me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will do Monk! There are guys coming up to from SoFla. to ride today along with some of my Clermont posse. You should jump in! 4 pm Waterfront (The Grogan Swim Facility) today.

KJG
Last edited by: KJGrog: Feb 11, 05 5:21
Quote Reply
Re: Gym Pool Rant [KJGrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
There are guys coming up to from SoFla. to ride today along with some of my Clermont posse. You should jump in!
I would, but I heard you can't bring your bike to Clermont anymore. Plus, I would be riding alone as soon as everybody clipped in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will ride with you anytime you come up...after I check with my wife of course...whatever speed you want.
Quote Reply
Re: Gym Pool Rant [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TT - I love hot chicks in general and strippers specifically and they are the complete opposite of me. Others - well the jury is out...

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Re: Gym Pool Rant [l'homme rouge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotta agree here...I don't understand the concept of each person getting their own lane. My 25m pool here in Toronto, the pool is divided into thee parts - medium, fast, and slow. The fast is then split into two lanes -- one side slightly faster than the other...if you're too slow in one fast lane, the guards will ask you to move to the other.

I've never had less than 4 people sharing my line. 6 is not uncommon.
Quote Reply
Re: Gym Pool Rant [mfreeman72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to understand that Americans are becoming, if not already, by and large a fat, lazy, and self-centered society. The few that actually do venture to gyms/pools, are there to flex in front of the mirror and check out the opposite sex while talking on their cell phone. And yes I have seen cell phones on the pool deck in plastic baggies. "Hello, yeah I am swimming this brutal swim workout, I have swam up and down like 5 times in 20 minutes and this a-hole keeps doing these stupid flips next to me and making my mascara run. I need a cigarette." And from the looks of the behavior of the middle and high school swim teams that swim the same time our Masters team does, the future doesn't look any brighter.

Sorry, I got no sleep last night.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I registered my own master swim club, petitioned the local high school to let us use the pool, and then my training partner and I go to the high school at 5 am three times a week and have the entire pool to ourselves. Just an idea, but I live in rural nowhere, so perhaps this is easier to accomplish here.

Michael

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used go to a Bally's in Chicago burbs. There were always a bunch of people walking around, jumping, socializing in the lap lanes, it drove me freakin crazy! And at this pool they had a lane labeled Loafers lane for this kind of activity but these people would be in the Lap lanes. I now go to the Y and it aint too bad since they have two pools.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply

Prev Next