Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Pustule
Quote | Reply
Today I saw perhaps one of the most disgusting and disturbing things in my life. Those who know me, acknowledge that I am not easily nauseated. However, what I saw today completely made me ill.

During my swim this morning, I noticed what appeared to be booger just below a fellow swimmer's nose, who came to rest at the wall just after we completed an interval in the same lane. I made a motion for him to wipe his nose, whereupon I realized, that this was not a booger at all, but some sort of giant pustule growing off of his upper lip.

As I looked closer, I notice that the skin around milky white pus blob was all red and inflamed. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what sort of skin lesion this person was suffering from. This thing was enormous. If his face was the map of the United States, then this thing was the size
of Texas. I couldn't believe I was in the same water with him, much less the same lane.

Anyway, after about another 30 minutes of swimming and having to see this giant sunspot of pus many times, I suddenly noticed that the lesion was gone from his face like a trailer park after a tornado. A gapping hole was in his face where once existed the pustule from hell.

All I could now think about was that this slimy mess was now floating somewhere in the water. This is the same water that inevitably enters my mouth and nasal passages while I swim and breathe through the water. You can imagine the horrible thoughts now passing through my mind. Maybe it
touched my body. maybe it went into my mouth. maybe is got washed down my throat from that bit of water I swallowed when my face got splashed when I turned to breathe.

I have dealt with much pain and suffering throughout my training. This by far was the worst thing I have ever had to deal with.
Quote Reply
Re: The Pustule [Beast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pray that the chlorine did it's job.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You owe me a new keyboard as I'm sure it is destroyed at the amount of diet coke I just sprayed all over it. That was just about the funniest thing I have read in years - maybe because Tibbs warmed me up w/ "sandpapering his anus" and I just got out of the pool.

Bah Ha Ha ... :)

Quote | Reply
Great title.

Bet it was like a car crash - you didn't want to keep looking at it but you couldn't keep your eyes off it?

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First of all, if you spent more time focusing on your own workout, and less time looking in the other lane, this would not be an issue. Secondly, as a physician who regularly precribes Chlorine Immersion Therapy (CIT) for Pustule Removal (PR) to my clients, I am deeply offended by your post. Do you think it's easy going to a public swimming pool with that thing hanging off of your face? Do you think it's easy swimming with a pustule the size of texas on your upper lip especially if you're not a bi-lateral breather? I guess you didn't see the HAZMAT squad at the side of the pool either, did you?

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Last edited by: mojozenmaster: Feb 9, 05 18:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HAAAHAHAHHAHHAAAAAAHHA...........uhhhhhhhHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHA..........that was NASTY!!!!!....and FUNNY as HELL!!!

I saw a guy EAT a giant blackhead once........now that was gross.

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: The Pustule [mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where do you tell your patients to go for this.
NB everyone! stay away from that particular pool.
If the glop doesn't fall apart quickly, it takes a little while for the chlorine to penetrate!!!!!!

AND, all of this puts a whole different spin on the fact that the local gym's pool was closed down this fall for chronic malfunction of the chlorination sytem.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't worry about it floating in the pool. You probably inhaled it, or swallowed it and the acids in your stomach broke it down.
Quote Reply
Re: The Pustule [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's ok, giant pustules are sterile. Just like our rear ends and urine, keep swimming.
Quote Reply
Re: The Pustule [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh! NO! They are often full of Staph. Now-days that means, often, methicillin resistant Staph. If you get that in you saddle irritation, or finger 'booboo' or your own zit, you might end up with a hard to treat abscess, too.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trust me, as disgusting as this sounds, there is worse stuff than that in any public pool. I used to teach scuba diving in a YMCA pool. When you're under the water for extended periods of time you see things that the surface swimmers don't. You would't believe some of the stuff floating around under the surface.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you know the rules. no picture and it doesn't exist :)

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is so disgusting. But it sure made me laugh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was a lifeguard we would skim the scabs out of the pool with a net, lay them out on the deck to dry in the sun, and them crumble them up and sell them as Bacon Bits in the snack bar.
Quote Reply
Re: The Pustule [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is so fucking foul it reminds me why I am a vegetarian
Quote Reply
Re: The Pustule [Veggie Terror] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought this post was sick and wrong, and that was beofre tri_bri2 took it to a whole new low. I've almost got to clean the barf out of my keyboard. ;-()
Quote Reply
Re: The Pustule [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]When I was a lifeguard we would skim the scabs out of the pool with a net, lay them out on the deck to dry in the sun, and them crumble them up and sell them as Bacon Bits in the snack bar.[/reply]

whoa!.........that and some California potato chips ..........mmmmmm

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Last edited by: IronZ06: Feb 10, 05 10:46
Quote Reply
Re: The Pustule [mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
First of all, if you spent more time focusing on your own workout, and less time looking in the other lane, this would not be an issue. Secondly, as a physician who regularly precribes Chlorine Immersion Therapy (CIT) for Pustule Removal (PR) to my clients, I am deeply offended by your post. Do you think it's easy going to a public swimming pool with that thing hanging off of your face? Do you think it's easy swimming with a pustule the size of texas on your upper lip especially if you're not a bi-lateral breather? I guess you didn't see the HAZMAT squad at the side of the pool either, did you?

Mojo, I can only assume you were kidding. There are few things more inconsiderate than dunking yourself into a public pool with that. I would HARSHLY come down on anyone I saw doing that. In fact, I wouldn't expect to have to, as the lifegaurds/pool staff should be ALL OVER that themselves.

Sick. What a jerk.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: The Pustule [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So doc, say if you had a..uh..friend who had one of those pustules just below the nose, what would you tell him the etiology of that was?

[reply]So doc, say if you had a..uh..friend who had one of those pustules just below the nose, what would you tell him the etiology of that was?[/reply]

Brown nosing?

If it was as big as Texas, where I was raised, I would tell him to be damned proud. Very few boils on the face get big enough to rate that comparison.

Really, it was probably a zit that got infected with Staph.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you americans and comparing everything to texas...

it's not even that bloody big!

mind you...up here...i guess everything is bigger...like our balls (Cfl vs. nfl)... ;)

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmmmm....I'm hungry, I think I need a grilled-cheese and green chili sandwitch.

Good thing I am the only on that swim in my pool at work. I would feel sorry for anyone in there after last week, then I had a head cold and enough snot to fill a bathtub...but some how I performed some magic, and after my swim it was all cleared up....where did it go?!!!??

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Re: The Pustule [krgregg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's true, your provinces are biger than Texas, but they're 90% frozen Tundra. Your balls just look bigger because of the flat map projections.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
;)

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply