Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are Speedo Fastskin suits legal for non-wetsuit swims?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know USAT 's rule about this?

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." - Anonymous

http://www.mountainmettle.com
Quote Reply
Re: Are Speedo Fastskin suits legal for non-wetsuit swims? [Spindogg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they arent a wetsuit......

and im sure they'd be outlawed in swimming before they were outlawed in a tri if they gave an advantage.
Quote Reply
Re: MONKS PLAN [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Legal in USAT events... 99% of pro's used them in Kona...although Monk is not allowed to wear a wetsuit underneath his Fastskin in Arizona like he plans!
Quote Reply
Re: Are Speedo Fastskin suits legal for non-wetsuit swims? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine wore the legs at a couple races last year. I dont see why they wouldn't be legal.

But, why would you wear one? For them to give you any advantage over a regular "jammer", they have to be tight to the point of being uncomfortable, which means they are impossible to get off. Doesn't make any sense in my book. (Im talking about full legs, or full body, not just the shorts)
Last edited by: Kuendig: Feb 9, 05 17:36
Quote Reply
Re: Are Speedo Fastskin suits legal for non-wetsuit swims? [Kuendig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You think so? There's a Fastskin tri-suit....

Im not talking tri suit. Im talking straight up swim suit. Also, I was not really talking about IM. In an IM you should probably wear what makes you feel the fastest, because the difference in transition will only be a few seconds, maybe 30.

At Oly. distance or shorter, there is no reason to where anything but a fastskin or aquablade, regular swim suit, either brief or jammer. The difference between the full suit and the brief is so negligible that in the Olympic final some people wore the brief. Also, no one needs the padding for an hour ride, and swim suits fit much better than tri suits for the swim and run (IMO).
Last edited by: Kuendig: Feb 9, 05 17:55
Quote Reply