Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Clermont NTC [KJGrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Tom is a great guy
Kevin--its a little late for sucking up.
Quote Reply
Re: Clermont NTC [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wholeheartedly agree, and Jason isn't too bad either.

Could ya tell her that I think she needs to ride her bike more? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Clermont NTC [Sean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
If you would stop burning your bridges they might let you bring your bike in.
Kevin would stand outside and freeze before he accepted special treatment!
Quote Reply
Re: Clermont NTC [M.E.T.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason rides all the time and tries to get Emily to ride with him. She is training to do Florida's Great Escape and St. Croix this year! Last year she won the sprint tri in St. Croix and stayed ahead of Jason until the end of the run! Z
Quote Reply
Re: Clermont NTC [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't suck up to anyone. I call it like it is. Like we always say on this board..if you don't like...you don't have to read it. Its my opinion. If I burn some softball players bridge...so be it. I still believe Tom means well. The only agenda I have is for triathlon to continue to grow in Clermont. I love it here for the biking and running and my wife and I will continue to be here for a long time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jason's riding all the time? S***. I won't be able to drop him on rides anymore :(

A friend of mine just moved down to Ocala. I'll have to swing by Clermont sometime this spring when school gets out.

I'll have to bring my rollerskis, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, is Jeff Duke still involved with NTC? I can't find a list of contacts on the NTC website.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Clermont NTC [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, Jeff is now a professor at the University of Central Florida. He still lives in Clermont and works out at the NTC. Z
Quote Reply
Re: Clermont NTC [LB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats in Pucon once again!

----------

“You can't coach desire.” --Dathan Ritzenhein
http://xtreme4.com/ -- an extreme ride for extreme change: go green
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Clermont is still awesome biking and running this time of year...."

I've gotta back KJ on that one. I've been going down there, off and on, since '95, when I did my first GFT, and the biking and running can't be beat. I don't care about all that NTC jazz, and let's face it.....triathlon in the U.S. is a Tier 3 or 4 sport, at best. Outside of our little circle of athletes, nobody in this country would be able to pick out a Natascha Badmann or Peter Reid in a police lineup if their lives depended on it ;-)

What's really amazing is that I have a former brother-in-law who hit a home run in the '83 World Series for Baltimore (against the Phillies), and that SOB still gets bugged at airports and the like, about just that one big highlight in a so-so athletic career. Somebody like 8-time IMH winner PNF, were she plopped down in an airport in the Midwest or somewhere, probably wouldn't be able to put a Starbucks coffee on a credit card without having to provide 6 different pieces of I.D.

But that just the good old U.S., I suppose.

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kevin,

I agree with you in the sense that the training center could be improved to be more athlete friendly with out incurring a large amount of effort/expense. I have only been out there a few times despite living in Orlando. So I dont have much to base my opinion on, other than to say that I do not have any compelling desire to visit the facility. Perhaps I should visit to get VO2 max and assorted tests performed but then again I am not inclined to spend money to confirm that I am a less than perfect specimen.

It appears that waterfront park is more of a Mecca for locals and vistors than the NTC. I always thought that would have been the perfect location for the training center. Somehow the training center needs to become the gathering spot.

In any event keep up the good fight.

Jim

Quote Reply
Re: Clermont NTC [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think Kevin sucking up to anyone-he shoots straight from the hip-I travel to the center all the way from south florida with a tri group to train up there-no more bikes allowed? It's great to support all the races you do at the ntc- but i am one that actually drove all the way up to have adam do my bike fit(which was excellent by the way) What's the bg deal to have a spot for bikes for those who train there. Charge a couple of bucks more and byuy a bike rack. If not why not have the store drop all the bike parts. No need if there are no bikes there right?

long live kg kimb and kj jr.!!

p.s. look out kev i made nationals and i'm hunting you down- start dieting!!

---------------\ | / \ l /
---------------(:@ @:)
-----------oooO--(_)--Oooo-----------
Quote Reply

Prev Next