Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

urination issue, or how not to pee in the pool...?
Quote | Reply

i've lurked on this forum a few times, and I've decided it is time for me to post. I am pretty new to tri, and I have a training question. Feel free to tell me I am a freak of nature (my acupuncturist does). Here's my question:
Does anyone have problems not being able to make it through training swims (especially the swim) or rides without having to stop to pee? If I ride early in the AM, I can never make it more than about 10 miles without having to stop. It has gotten so bad that I have had to make routes around places where I know I can pee. In the pool it is even worse. In a 3000 yd swim, I might have to get out to go to the bathroom 3 times. It is usually the worst for me after I have eaten (and drank) recently. I am currently trying to test a theory about whether my salt intake is a factor, i.e. not enough. Any thoughts? thanks for your help.
josh
Quote Reply
Re: urination issue, or how not to pee in the pool...? [Veggie Terror] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Urine is sterile. Let it flow and everyone get a grip.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: urination issue, or how not to pee in the pool...? [Veggie Terror] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, you and I are in the same boat. Unless I'm very dehydrated (i.e. have just done another hard workout), I'll pee at least 2 times during a 3000 yard swim. Very annoying, but I've gotten used to it. On the bike I'll usually have to pee on any ride over 1.5 hours, and sometimes on much shorter rides. Less during the summer when it's very humid, of course. Don't worry about picking routes where you can stop to pee (I assume you mean going inside), I just hop off the bike on a deserted road. No worries.

-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: urination issue, or how not to pee in the pool...? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can pee in Tibbs' pool all you want. He likes it. He thinks it's his 'Fountain of Youth'.

(please don't tell him it isn't, it's funny watching him splash around in pee).

Btw is it cold where you live? That might be a factor..
Last edited by: freestyle: Feb 5, 05 10:40
Quote Reply
Re: urination issue, or how not to pee in the pool...? [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The priest at the local parish used to pee on me and then gave me candy. Now it's just a habit.

Quote Reply
Re: urination issue, or how not to pee in the pool...? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I pee in my own pool, then I instruct all the children that swim in it NOT to pee in the pool!! However, don't pee in the public pool. Leave the pool, pee in the bathroom, come back and swim in the pee-less pool. And don't pee in my pool eihter. Only I can pee in my pool!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tibbs - we have a wading pool where you can pee. lots of youngins in there, most peeing in the pool at sometime. in fact, some will wizzer right on you. my nephews has about a 4 foot arch - good for a 3 year old.
Quote Reply
Re: urination issue, or how not to pee in the pool...? [slownfat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rotflmao...tmi man..tmi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pissing in the pool is childish & unhealthy. I hope you aren't a member at my pool. Did you hear that some pool managers add an additive to the pool to turn the area where someone is urinating the color purple so the guards can spot them easily. This is done mostly in Manhattan's outside pools.

Smitty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are a complete waste. You may be border line sub-human.
Quote Reply
Re: urination issue, or how not to pee in the pool...? [kjsmitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Border line? Baby I ain't even close to no border line. Waste? Yes that's pretty close to true. I perfer the term "tard" though.

Quote Reply
Re: urination issue, or how not to pee in the pool...? [kjsmitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was kidding. Bad joke. Let's do an excerise. When you see my name don't read that post.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh you are funny. Thanks for making me laugh.

Smitty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a peach.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suffer more after a swim, I think its because I tend to swollow half the pool wate (I hope no one pee's in the pools I use, other wise I am definatly sticking to duathlons!). During our club swim sessions the coach told us we all need to bring drink bottles to re-hydrate, but if drink Iam sure my bladder will explode.

Lately I haven't been to bad cyclewise, but following murphy's law when ever I get that desperate urge it is always in a built up area. At this point the road always becomes bumpy aswell. Otherwise the nice rural road on which you have not seen a car on all morning is suddenly more busy than the M25.

When I pulled up at the side of the road to "shake hands with the unemployed" and a car came by I use to pretend I was ajusting my brakes or something, but now I am less bashful. I still haven't tried the Tour De france style on the move style.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
additive to check for pee? LOL....I thought only kids believed this...
Quote Reply