Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who would you like to see in...
Quote | Reply
the new running apparel from Shwalla, named simply 20 degree, 40 degree, and 60 degree?

http://www.xtri.com/...id=1382&offset=0
Quote Reply
Re: Who would you like to see in... [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ME !!! I run around 7hrs a week in the cold (just had two weeks of around -30 C) so I sure could use it. Thanks for the link, it gives me new needs ideas ;)

What I wear does the job though.

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Re: Who would you like to see in... [rferron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only time you'd see a dude running around the streets here in a getup like that would either be the Folsom Street leather fair, halloween or Gay Pride parade.

Just a little too cutting edge for me.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Who would you like to see in... [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My thoughts exactly. Speaking of cutting edge, check out their sponsored athletes?? What's that all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
okay, first off those things are hideous. second, there is no reason for special apparal for 20, 40 or 60 degrees. i ran in 4 this morning and it wasn't that bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"and a 20 Degree top will set you back US$299.95."
Are they serious?? That has to be one of the most ridiculous prices I've seen. You could buy an entire winter outfit including some shoes for less than that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True enough, but since it's only good for -7, I would put my jacket over it and it would be perfect.

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Re: Who would you like to see in... [nickc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That could be some of the funniest things I have seen. Those prices are just nuts! Did they do any research with focus groups? If the price were not enough to scare you then the fact they look like props from the next Spiderman movie should. If that doesn't do it then the fact that one of their sponsored athletes is Ryan Sutter should definitley do it. There is not one A level athlete there.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would you like to see in... [nickc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"and a 20 Degree top will set you back US$299.95."
Are they serious?? That has to be one of the most ridiculous prices I've seen. You could buy an entire winter outfit including some shoes for less than that.

I could buy tickets for 3-4 round trips to places where it never hits 20 degrees for that money.

And for what it is worth, I don't have to spend a dime for everyone in my neighborhood to laugh at me.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would you like to see in... [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an interesting business proposition and positioning.

The temperature matched clothing idea is not that far fetched. When I was working for Sugoi a few years working our expo booth at the Boston, Chicago and NYC marathons, far and away the #1 question that everyone was asking( and there were tens of thousands of people at these expos) was, what do we reccomend that people wear on race day? The more crazy or variable the weather forcasts were for marathon race day, the more often we got the question. Strange that people would train for 6 months or so, but then have no idea of what to wear on race day. Anyway, we started mounting a chalk-board in our booth, with the weather forcast, as best we could predict based on the local foecasts, and then have a Sugoi Reccomends . . . . . . suggestion of what people would wear.

The technical clothing business is pretty tough to break into these days. Everyone is using reasonably good fabrics and has solid designs. Some companies do lead with cutting edge style and designs, but eventually it is the basics that sell the most. I did notice today at lunch as I was roaming around Winners, that the market must be a bit over supplied with technical apparel. They were blowing out addidas, Reebok, Kappa and Nike Technical T's for $14.99 and $19.99!!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Who would you like to see in... [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I kept looking for the masks with reflective eyes that came with it. Or a cape.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too cool. Add a cape, and you're good to go on Saturday night in the Castro!!

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is cool looking.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply