Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OT: Any other Horologists out there?
Quote | Reply
.....that is watch aficianados? Sort of the like appreciating the nice sweeping carbon tubes of the Kuoto , or new P3.....but with a nice watch.....Panerai, Omega, Perregaux, A Piguet?etc , etc.

ANybody have any rare collectors pieces?....old Vintage chronos, Autavias, Carreras, Monacos?

Just curious
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Any other Horologists out there? [schumacher 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sort of collect watches, but can't really afford it. If i had to guess, i'd say that there are plenty of people on here who have nice watches, but it's probably not much of a priority. There have been a few "which HRM watch?" type threads.

Polar seems to be the brand of choice at most of the events i have even attended.

(I still want a speedmaster though)

Can't race for toffee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IWC and BVLGARI. An old Heuer, too.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Any other Horologists out there? [Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two Breitlings -- An Aerospace and Bentley Motors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Omega Seamaster Professional. Chronometer.

Took me years to save for it, and convince myself I could actually spend that much money on it. You can't justify it in the end, but I love my watch and, apart from a 5 yearly trip back to switzerland, it only comes off my wrist when I replace it with the hrm.

J.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Concord Impressario Chronometre. Not rare (yet), though not made anymore, either. It has the Zenith El Primero Chrono movement, having day/date/month windows. I could only spring for stainless, though I really almost sold my organs to buy the rose gold edition they had (about $18,0000).

The above watch replaced a Rolex Date (not Datejust). The thing was just too common. I want a friggin' Piaget, and if I win the Lotto, I will get one.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Any other Horologists out there? [oddjob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"that there are plenty of people on here who have nice watches, but it's probably not much of a priority"

I know two brothers. One wears an expensive Rolex and takes photos with a cheapo point and shoot camera. His brother has a small fortune invested into a Leica 35mm camera outfit with different lenses, etc. but wears $19.95 Timex. They each think the other is nuts. It's all about priorities.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Any other Horologists out there? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blancpain Aqualung on a Camille Fournet black alligator strap.

www.timezone.com/library/itsabouttime/itsabout631674691374935170
Quote Reply
What is a watch? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only watch I wear is one with an alarm when I travel, then don't wear it but use the alarm when I need to get up. Not sure why time watching is so important there are 24 hours in a day and you have do be doing something or nothing for each of them. G
Quote Reply