Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thank You All
Quote | Reply
Well, while out running at 5:30 this morning before the sun rose I realized no FAT American is out here in this weather (10 deg F) at this time of a day.

And a special thanks to whomever suggested the 2 min walk 1 min run, its rigth where Im at and worked great.

So the mental breakthrough Happened and I have all of your support to thank for it.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Thank You All [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's very true! Congrats on the breakthrough and keep it up. I have a feeling there are going to be many more in the future for you.

D.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a great feeling isn't it. Sometimes, my most enjoyable runs are in the worst of weather. There's something psychologically positive about getting out there when 99.9% will not because the weather is too cold or the hour is too early.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's it brother. Only YOU get to decide who you're going to be and how fit your body will be from this day forward. It's a great feeling to wake up one day realizing that 99% of the population can't do what you do!!

It will happen.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Thank You All [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just remember that for millenia human beings were either chasing or being chased by wild game all day, or tilling fields all day, or laboring in factories all day, and its only in the last 50 years...an eye blink in our evolutionary history...that we have become sedentary cubicle jockeys whose food comes out of vending machines, or gets delivered to our doors by guys on scooters, and the most strenuous thing most people do in a day is pinching off that constipated loaf brought on by eating so much crap food.

Some of us cannot survive in our little sanitary boxes without healthy daily doses adrenalin and endorphins...welcome to the club.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You did it yourself Sir, and you deserve credit for that. Well done.

Now the tough part: Staying the course.

Good luck, well done.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Newton's first law of motion is often stated as:

"An object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force."

You're officially an in-motion object. Avoid unbalanced forces (physical and mental) and continue to stay in motion. Nice work.
Quote Reply
Re: Thank You All [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Avoid unbalanced forces"

Are you urging brother Hamm to stay away from the Peaceful Tribe? I mean with the exception of you and I, this is a pretty unbalanced load here...

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dub thee Bad ass. Now go kick ass.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just so everyone knows, not only is it brutally cold here, we were covered in a blanket of fog this morning. Congrats; I was ran around 9:45am when it was 16 degrees and was an icicle the first mile. I'm not sure I could have managed it at 5:30:)
Quote Reply
Re: Thank You All [AmyMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate to even mention this but Santa Rosa, California hit 78 degrees yesterday to be warmest spot in the US. Even warmer here that Florida...
Quote Reply