Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: immune system and heavy training [Wonderboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess I am not THAT bad.. just really down since monday.. seems like forever ago.. but really only 3 days..but all up until sunday, I have been building training and had my highest week ever last week.. I am worn out.. But 3 days of not liking training and doubting myself could be normal right? training for IMAZ...
Quote Reply
Re: immune system and heavy training [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You had me thinking this was an on-going thing Marisol! C'mon now... sack up big dog! You have just begun to feel the beginnings of being "shelled," "burned out," "Overtrained!" In all seriousness though, You most likely ARE going through what is considered "normal" for any triathlete during a build up period for an IM. Keep tabs on it though. You do not want to go overboard and not be recovered or even worse, not actually have the desire to race after all of the hard work. Sometimes, during an IM build up athletes, including myself, will feel this way and push for just a few more days and then take a few recovery days of VERY EZ training or something "different." remember that our bodies are not really on a 7 day schedule so and you may have to schedule things based on a 10 day or 12 day cycle instead. Just a thought of course. You no doubt have your plan and you have confidence in it so I will not mess with that one! sticking to your plan is a great idea but listening to your body and actually putting into practice what it is telling you is a good idea. Train on my man.
Quote Reply
Re: immune system and heavy training [Wonderboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.. I am sorry.. didn't mean to dramatize.. just having a bad few days and I was really down while reading this post. But thanks for cheering me up, god do I need it! Tough to get support from friends and family sometimes.. they don't get it... I know deep down it will all get better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For fulla & marisol ... i don't agree with folks saying these feelings are "normal" and that every triathlete goes through this. Being tired is, but it shouldn't take more than 24-48 hours to regenerate when you are this close to a major event. I find that i get sick more often when i am not training than when i am. Just take some rest and Fulla you may want to get some blood tests done ... you SHOULD NOT be on the verge of being sick that often. You both might consider (someone else mentioned) some simple supplements (along with rest & GREAT nutrition) to help the immune system (C, Zinc together -- E & EFA's together, Spectrum Organic makes great product with both -- plus BCAA's w/ glutamine have quite often been proven to help boost the immune system) One of my favorite quotes: "Take a rest; Those who rest their field yield a beautiful crop"

Good luck to you two and best wishes for better health and spirit preparing for your events!

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Last edited by: trifaster: Jan 26, 05 20:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey sister, do I know what you are going through, or what. Powering through the miles and still not losing significant amounts of weight. Resigned to going through IMNZ with my tummy still there. My body did a rebellion last week: I had been feeling tireder and tireder as the volume had picked up, not sleeping well and being in a foul mood. I finally succumbed to a stomach virus that laid me low for four days. Missed my big training weekend, couldn't get to the end of the drive without puffing (well, it is a bit steep). So, laid off the training completely until I felt better, missed another workout just for luck and got back on the program this week: I feel 10 times better today, completed a three hour run yesterday and a two hour bike today and actually feel bouncy.

I am sure the trick in this game is to actually get to the start line in full health. Missing some training sessions is going to have little effect in the long term. Its not as if you are lazy or anything. Lazy people don't do this sort of thing. I think your body and mind are telling you to take it easy for a bit.

Those who know do not speak, those who speak, do not know.
Quote Reply

Prev Next