Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bay Area Team Time Trial - Feb. 20
Quote | Reply
I'll be in the Bay Area that weekend and I need to find a partner to do this if anyone is interested. It is a two person time trial that is pretty small but should be fun. The course has changed and it has three climbs now. Anyone interested in teaming up?
Quote Reply
Re: Bay Area Team Time Trial - Feb. 20 [Jason D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends -- what category are you? Or, what's some measure of your power output?

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jason,

I may have a partner but won't know until this weekend. However, I am looking for a partner for my tandem as there is a tandem division. The benefits of a tandem is that it does not matter what the differences in each persons ability is since each can put out their best effort. No problem with dropping your partner or getting dropped. No need to worry about who pulls when.

But i would need to know about how tall you are or what size bike you ride if you are iterested.

I have been riding tandems regularly for about 6 years.

Willy in Pacifica
Quote Reply
Re: Bay Area Team Time Trial - Feb. 20 [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have not measured power in awhile - one of these days I'll get back on the CT and do a test. I was able to hang on the House of Pain ride with some Ofoto guy et. al. pushing the pace last weekend - that hurt a bit. No rating yet, but would guess Cat 3 if I raced enough to get points. What category are you?
Quote Reply
Re: Bay Area Team Time Trial - Feb. 20 [Willy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm- have to think about the tandem thing. Let me know if you do not find someone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode Cat5 last season, mostly in crits, ranging from getting dropped to mid-pack finish (and a DNF crash on the final laps where I was toward the front). In ITT I've been in the bottom third in 4/5.

You deserve a much faster partner.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply