Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Primal Quest on CBS Sunday (adventure race)
Quote | Reply
If anyone is interested:

Subaru Primal Quest

On Sunday, January 23rd, from 4:00- 6:00 p.m. ET (time pending NFL post season schedule), CBS Sports will air Subaru Primal Quest. The two hour show will encompass the event's 75 co-ed teams of four, over the span of a five to ten day 400 mile competition.

The competition will include activities such as: Trekking, Mountain Biking, Ride and Tie, Skating/ Scootering, Ocean Kayaking, Ropes, Mountaineering, River or Flat Water Paddling, and Orienteering. While competing in these various disciplines in the Pacific Northwest, teams must find checkpoints scattered in a defined order, engage in all activities, and cannot be separated for more than 100 yards for the majority of the race.

The airing of this competition will also display the effects that natural terrain, sleep deprivation, hunger, weather conditions, and injuries can have on the contenders.

Subaru Primal Quest in association with Barrett Productions Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: Primal Quest on CBS Sunday (adventure race) [Wolfwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we are a weird being when we need things like this to keep us occupied
one mans fun is another mans torture..setting my vcr right now
Quote Reply
Re: Primal Quest on CBS Sunday (adventure race) [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torture is one thing but... you will see someone die while racing. Some guys got caught in a rock slide and it was filmed. I am told that they have permission from the family and are going to show the footage during the telecast. I am not sure if I am into another "faces of death" show.
Quote Reply
Re: Primal Quest on CBS Sunday (adventure race) [Wolfwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting and tough certainly, but I have to wonder what exactly is primal about using contraptions like mountain bikes, plastic boats, and scooters. Nevermind all those helicopters and off road vehicles used to move people around and film the darn thing. Call it gear laden geeks invade nature.
Quote Reply