Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lance : "I've never used..." [Zinc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it performance enhancing if one is not performing?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance : "I've never used..." [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed - it is performance enhancing, although when recovering from cancer "performane enhancing" means "able to get out of bed and walk around". As I said, a silly technicality but which reflects carelessness with language.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance : "I've never used..." [Zinc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah but even if you are pump fool of poison, gutted like a fish and close to death EPO will still give you benfits decades down the road. Cancer does not effect performance.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance : "I've never used..." [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If any one thing the Tyler Hamilton situation taught me is that idols have clay feet. Is Lance in the same category, I really don't know what to believe. What I do know is that he, me, you, them are all fallible.

I guess it's sad to say but, in my opinion, there really are no more heroes. But then again there never really were. The men and women who we idolize (especially in American sports and I'm sure in other countries) are human and have checkered histories (much like us). What is different is that in the past, sports writes and other recorders of history would ignore or gloss over an athlete's failings in order to sell the story of the athlete...prime example would be Mickey Mantle of my beloved New York Yankees (and yes I can call them that - I was born in the Bronx) . He was a major league A-1 jerk but man could he hit that ball, so stories of his behavior went unreported.

Who do I believe in? Well, me and you...We run, bike and swim for different reasons but the bottom line is that when we cross that line victorious (each in our own ways) we take a step closer to being the person that we were meant to be.

As you might be able to tell, I associate my physical training with a sense of spiritual balance. I've been given this body to use as I see fit...I've abused it and now I want to use it right...so in once sense, (and please don't take this arrogantly), I'm my own hero....

(Sorry for going long)

B.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply
Re: Lance : "I've never used..." [njmtbbg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why are we all getting so caught up semantics and examining every word Mr. Armstrong says? Maybe Lance is clean, but I don't understand why any importance is attached to his denials. Can you name a single pro athlete who has tested positive who didn't deny it beforehand? They all swear up and down that they're clean until they get busted. Like I said, maybe Lance isn't cheating, but do we really expect him to admit it if he's not?

JC

-------------------------
Jonathan Cane
City Coach Multisport
http://www.citycoach.org
Quote Reply
Re: Lance : "I've never used..." [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Say, how fast do you think Lance could run 8K.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance : "I've never used..." [reggiedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would you say McGwire retired because of fear of getting caught? I'm confused, he retired three years ago due to foot and knee problems (which may well have been brought on by steroid use) having played less than 100 games the last two and baseball only started pretending to test last year.

There is little doubt in my mind he was pumped up with everything imagineable but at least get some basic facts right. This coming year is the first time anyone in baseball has anything at all to worry about in regards to testing. Pituitary tumors, liver problems, acne, weird hair growth, and destroyed connective tissue were what they worried about when McGwire was around.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next