Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thanks to Chuck's Bikes
Quote | Reply
Chuck's Bikes is awesome. We have all had customer service nightmares from time to time, so it's refreshing when someone steps up to the plate and really does something cool.

I visit Chuck's site frequently, and I've been wanting to do business with him for a while. I've emailed him quite a bit, and he always replies promptly. Until a week ago, I had never bought anything from him. Well, I ordered the Look seat post he has along with one of those $12 carbon water bottle cages. When the stuff came in, I found that he had sent me two water bottle cages, but had billed me for one. I emailed him back (we also got turned around processing my payment) and asked him about this. I was perfectly willing to pay for the extra cage. He told me to just keep it free of charge.

Now, $12 isn't that much. That won't make or break either me or Chuck. But he still didn't have to give it to me. He was real cool about everything, and the whole transaction went very well.

If you're looking for bike stuff, particularly if you're on a budget, Chuck's is a great place to go. I'll certainly do business with him in the future.

RP
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks to Chuck's Bikes [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've bought wheels, TT bars, brakes, brake levers, and cranksets from him and have never had a problem.
Jay

Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LBS pissed me off...So, I've used Chucks for years with great satisfaction.

1*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to jump in with more positive feedback about Chuck's Bikes. I bought wheels from him. The price was great and the service was great. A phone call results in speaking to the actual Chuck, not someone who plays Chuck on the phone. I fully intend to use the website for other items in the future.

Lou Battaglia

Why didn't I retire last year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup,

Chuck is a good guy to do biz with. Have to visit site often. He tends to carry some old and odd items but when you can often find a real deal. In addition if you are looking for something but dont see it on the site, drop a line as he may have it. For instance I picked up a nice 650 carbon fork for $75.00 that was not on the site. Appears to be a "profile" without the decals.

He ranks right up there with Emilio Desoto and Clive De Souza (glorycycles.com) as internet merchants that have figured out how to provide customer service from afar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I completely agree with you. Chucksbikes is great. I bought my frame from him, and he kept me updated wit hemails, and responded quickly when I had questions. Can't beat it. I know peopel are weary, becasue he doesn't have namebrand frames, but I am extremely happy with mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed - Chuck's Bikes is pretty good. Bought a pair of Tektro RX 4.0 brake levers (inexpensively) to replace those Dia-Comps that buzz from road vibration.

BTW. I just looked on Chuck's site and the Tektro RX 4.1 (new this year) now have a return spring - nice (only $15).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chuck's is cool, I didn't know there was an actual Chuck!

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply