Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1/2's in the southeast
Quote | Reply
Due to my loser friends not considering my race schedule when they picked wedding dates, I now have to rearange my summer schedule. Any suggestions for a couple of halfs in the southeast. Mid summer and early fall.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 1/2's in the southeast [lecoog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got a flier in the mail for one in Morgantown WV. I think it was called Mountain Tri? It was a half IM and an olympic with 25,000 bucks prize money. Anybody know anything about this race or the people putting it on HPF Racing? Anyways it is being held on June 26th.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Search on xtri: http://www.xtri.com/calendar/default.asp

Well having said that, their calendar is pretty skimpy. Our Birmingham, AL masters group web page has a pretty complete 2004 calendar of SE tri (incl. halfs). Here it is: http://www.triflipper.com/tri/races04.htm It that link doesn't work, go to www.magiccitymasters.org and click on "for our triathletes". No 2005 calendar yet, but you can work of 2004 and follow links to check 2005 dates.

HH

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's CATS in Arkansas in mid-August, though that's more S Central. Further over near Chattanooga is Atomic Man I believe, September-ish. Should be listed over on trifind.com. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scroll down the list:

http://www.trifind.com/iron-h.html

My friends have raced, and spoken decently of, the Duke 1/2, Georgia Rock and Roll Man and the one in SC.

While not early fall, the GFT 1/2 in Clermont (Orlando area), Florida, in mid-October, is a decently run, very challenging half. Check out www.triflorida.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rock n' Rollman half in Macon, GA, in early June is a very good race. It's hot and humid, but a great race. Did it last year. There is also the Central Florida half in September, as well as the half GFT in late October. Another half is in Miami in November. All of this is on trifind.com. Or if it isn't just yet, it will be soon. The calendars on this site are starting to fill up.

Check out the Chatuge Challenge in late May if none of your loser friends are getting hitched that weekend. It's a small race in the north Georgia/western North Carolina mountains. Very scenic but extremely challenging.

RP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
White Lake NC is on 5/7. Duke half is on 9/11. There's also one in Greenwood SC on 10/2.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: 1/2's in the southeast [RA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the 1/2 in morgantown, wv is put on by HFP racing. they're the same ones that put on Great Buckeye and numerous races around ohio (i believe they put Spirit of Racine in wisconsin). i went to buckeye last year (to watch) with a pro friend and those guys were great race organizers and people. really did a good job and made it a high class, well run event.

on a side note, the georgia rock-n-roll half is the first weekend in june (i'm doing it). the sc half isn't until later in the season though. check out set-upinc.com for more southeast races
Quote Reply
Re: 1/2's in the southeast [AR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the last 2 years Atomicman has been the last weekend of September. It's just outside of Knoxville.
Quote Reply
Re: 1/2's in the southeast [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe I got an email from Martin at Raceday Events stating that AtomicMan 1/2 2005 has been changed to a duathlon. Nothing on their website, though.

-mike
Quote Reply
Re: 1/2's in the southeast [Greiffster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be too bad if Atomicman morphed into a duathlon. I did it in its first year ('02), and it really wasted me; I would someday like a second go at it. And I drove 16 hours each way for the privilege of being so decisively humbled - I definitely want another shot! The only reason I can think of for cutting the swim is that the site is a reservoir (I believe). Would/could that be a factor?
Quote Reply
Re: 1/2's in the southeast [hog's back] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 1/2 should still be on, but they have added a du a few weeks later.
Quote Reply
Re: 1/2's in the southeast [scitri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's good news.....but now I've got to walk the walk (gulp).
Quote Reply
Re: 1/2's in the southeast [hog's back] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Atomic Man is on and Racedayevents is planning a bigger and better event.
Last edited by: klorene: Jan 21, 05 18:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, I'm doing the 1/2IM here in Macon(where I live actually) this June. It's going to be my first Tri, and a warm-up for my IMFL Nov 2005 race. It should be super fun.

The one poster who talked about hot and humid is totaly right. It can be hot and humid here in January, so you KNOW it cooks in June.

It'd be nice to maybe meet some of you at the race should anyone here choose to do that one. Feel free to check my profile, get my email addy and ask me any questions about lodging and such. (We _MAY_ be able to put up 1 or 2 people if people need a place to stay. I'd have to check with the big boss first).

Trae

--
Trae McCombs
TSR - Sponsored by the Masses. Racing for the hell of it.
Ironman Finisher 2005 -- 14:09:18
Quote Reply