Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Assos Cream--how do you use it
Quote | Reply
Do you put it on the pad in your shorts, or do you put it on you? Why does it have menthol in it--it is just a touch....exciting! Do you just use Assos, or use something else with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Assos Cream--how do you use it [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rub it on my ass-os.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How can a man with so much imagination ask that question?

Just have Slowman rub it for you! There is also a way to enlist both your girlfriend's and Slowman's help, but it gets a little too complicated to describe in words. Please send me your assos cream, digital camera, Slowman and your girlfriend and I will produce an illustrated report.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put it on the pad before I suit up. If I don't have enough of that tingle I so desire, I'll rub a bit more on right before my actual ride, especially in the area of my leg where I'm prone to get sores. Oh, and the wifey and I rub it all over each other before we dance, it's quite an experience.
Quote Reply
Re: Assos Cream--how do you use it [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Damn, I was trying to jump on here....you two beat me to it.

BTW. Those two were way better than anything i ws going to come up with.

I guess I should say you three, now!

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Last edited by: docfuel: Jan 20, 05 16:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just put the stuff right on the... ahh.. affected area. If you put it on your chamois it tends to get all over your legs when you put your shorts on, unless you really rub it in the chamois pad I guess.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Assos Cream--how do you use it [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can just see the kids in the larketing department sitting around dreaming up names for these products...hmmmmmm

How bout BUTT-RRR ha ha ha totally awesome...but taken already.

REAR SMEAR!!! ha ha ha..no

OK..ASS-OS ha ha ha great one dude!

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Assos Cream--how do you use it [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...or ASS.O.S
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer Chamois Butt-r and I apply a decent slug where my legs meet my torso. About 3 or 4 inches on each side.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My girlfriend is reading this thread over my shoulder. Her response??

"God, I rub it all over my stuff."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That question is toooo gay.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Assos Cream--how do you use it [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. The directions don't say that. I had been using vaseline, but I thought I would give this a try--pricey.

Now, uh, the menthol part (or "mentholled parts")--isn't this sensation heightened in women--maybe Pooks GF can answer that one, since, well, there is more, um, well let's say "area" where it could mentholate with less protective dermal protection. I mean, like if I had a cut, I would think it would be painful, or more intense in the cut. That's "cut", by the way. Well for example, once I was applying Ben-Gay on my inner thighs and just sort of took a swipe at the "important parts" and I did and damn war dance of agony. Wouldn't this be somewhat the same?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First off Monk, I think this is a question you might want to ask your sister.

My GF also wants to make clear that, contrary to some men's belief, and certain colloquialisms, the comparison to a, ahem, "cut", is not appropriate.

All I can say is that Assos cream is quite comfy. Dare I say refreshing? Sure some don't like it. But then again, not everybody likes heroin either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monk, I've always used vaseline also. Generously lube crotch, pull up shorts, ride, no problem. I tried a sample of Chamois Butter. I thought it was really slippery but about the same in effect. Seems to me that anything that breaks the friction will work. Do you think this spicy stuff is an improvement of just fun to put on?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Assos Cream--how do you use it [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem with the vaseline is that you tend wax the bishop as well, makes me late for my group rides, ha.

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and it's harder to wash off! Chamois Butt'r - the joy without the tingle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lance is shown in the "Lance Chronicles" putting it on his chamois, but it is also acceptable to put it on your ASS as well. Really if you put it on your chamois daily you should not have to put it on your ass any more.

If you haven't tried ASSOS chamois cream you are really missing out. Lance buys it, and uses it.

Check out LT cycles for the cheapest Assos chamois cream

http://www.ltcycles.com

TJ

Cheers,

TJ Tollakson
http://www.tollakson.com
CEO: http://www.rustersports.com and http://www.dimondbikes.com
Quote Reply
Re: Assos Cream--how do you use it [NiceTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK I'm from Wisconsin, but I use Bag Balm, cow utter grease, it works great, never a problem, around here it's available in all the local pharmacies. A lot cheaper the Assos.

see: http://www.bagbalm.com/

when I ride I'm really mooooov'in
Last edited by: tomd: Jan 21, 05 6:59
Quote Reply
Re: Assos Cream--how do you use it [tomd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Lance is using a product that does not sponsor him and he actually pays for, I'm sure it is worth the money. If you have tried Assos and think there is anything that compares to it, great. But from my personal experience Assos is the absolute industry leader in chamois cream. When it comes to saddle sensitive areas I don't mess around with cow cream, only the best for my boys.

TJ

Cheers,

TJ Tollakson
http://www.tollakson.com
CEO: http://www.rustersports.com and http://www.dimondbikes.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Though I agree that "cut" is not appropriate, I will say that yes, it tingles, but after the tingle wears off Assos also has a mild anesthestic effect (hasn't anyone else noticed that??) so I wouldn't use it for, ahem, anything other than cycling.
Quote Reply
Re: Assos Cream--how do you use it [here&anon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ

Do you guys have a store in Ia City? Or are you just on-line?

(btw - I coach for your old swim club in DM)
Quote Reply
Re: Assos Cream--how do you use it [tomd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know a couple of guys that did a tour from SoCal to Florida and they said bag balm was their savior...and they are not even from Wisconsin.

Of course maybe you have not seen the California Cheese commercials that show the poor Wisconsin cow frezzing their utters off while the cool and groovy Cali cows are hanging out in the grassy sunshine. What this has to do with choice of crotch cream I don't know but I think the cows here like it as well. I imagine a cows utters are pretty valuable given how much they produce over the years. Sorry for rambling...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
straight onto the chamois--this stuff works great! i had a friend who rode the tour of hope with lance and he gave out this stuff to all the riders. my friend had a bad reaction to the stuff, so i ended up with it. i immediately noticed not only the tingling, but the "numbing" effect. it'll be tough when my free supply runs out.
Quote Reply