Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Arizona - Cubs Baseball
Quote | Reply
The stars must be in line if your a Chicago Cubs fan and your entered into Ironman Arizona. Opening day - April 4th the Cubs will play the Diamondbacks in Arizona! They will also play night games on Wed and Thursday of Ironman week. I'll be in the stands - anyone other Cubs fans doing the Ironman? Z
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Arizona - Cubs Baseball [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cubs...that is what? Baseball right? Huh...I think I have been at the stadium a time or two during games but was always bored and would watch the fat fans instead...I think that was the Cubs...not so sure really.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went to college in Chicago and spent my summers going to as many day games in the bleachers as I could handle. After I graduated, I moved into an apartment about 5 blocks from Wrigley.

Could never decide which I enjoyed more - the games or drinking cheap beer in the bleachers.

I'll be at IMAZ and may try for the Wednesday night game. That would be a great mental diversion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be in town from late on the 1st until well after the race. I'd love to go watch the Diamondbacks take on the Cubbies. Any chance you've got an extra ticket or can help me rustle one up?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Arizona - Cubs Baseball [jar1635] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also went to college in Chicago - Concordia Teachers College in River Forest. In the spring (1975 before night games) we would jump on the L (.50 oneway) and head down to Wrigley for the afternoon game. $1.00 bleacher seats (back then the stands were 1/2 full) $1.00 beers - For under $5.00 you could have a great time in the sun watching the game. Those were the days. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads-up Tom.

I signed up thinking that it would be a good, quick trip for the family (we're coming from the NYC/East coast area) but don't see a whole lot of tourist stuff closeby (I was hoping for indians and nature/desert/canyons), so a night baseball game might be good filler.

Any idea how one would get tickets for Thursday night?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Arizona - Cubs Baseball [reggiedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My two cents,

You should contact the D'backs organization and mention that competitors will be attending that night's game. They'll probably wish all of you luck over the PA and put an sign up on the diamondvision.

Good luck to all,

B

Ridgewood, NJ

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I also went to college in Chicago - Concordia Teachers College in River Forest. In the spring (1975 before night games) we would jump on the L (.50 oneway) and head down to Wrigley for the afternoon game. $1.00 bleacher seats (back then the stands were 1/2 full) $1.00 beers - For under $5.00 you could have a great time in the sun watching the game. Those were the days. Z
Now if your lucky you can get a ticket for $50-$100 and beers are $5.00+. Still one of the best places to see a baseball game. Go Cubs!

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clearly, prices went up in the intervening 20 years. I graduated from Loyola in 1994 and lived in the Rogers Park area until I moved down to Wrigley.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Arizona - Cubs Baseball [reggiedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found out about the game at www.mlb.com - you can find each teams 2005 schedule. You can check to see if they have tickets on sale.

I have a friend plays in the Cubs organization - AAA - and I hope to get tickets from him.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Arizona - Cubs Baseball [BNasty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll see what I can do - come down to the Gatorade morning swims and if I have an extra tickets it's yours. The Diamondbacks will not sell out, so you'll be able to walk up a get a ticket at the game. Z
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Arizona - Cubs Baseball [njmtbbg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great Idea! Maybe we can get them to put something on the scoreboard! I just hope the Diamondbacks are a Gatorade Team and not sponsored by that other drink made by Coke! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SOUTH SIDE, WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!! I will keep my CUB comments to myself. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Arizona - Cubs Baseball [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Sox games were also great in the 70's - the old Comisky Park! I went to a game once in April and was one of 2,000 people in the stands. Caught a foul ball off the bat of Alan Bannister.

I was also in attendence at Disco Demolition Night. Being from Michigan, I was a Tiger Fan and would not miss the twilight double header! Brought my Bee-Gee's record and got in for $1.04 (The Loop)

I was in the upper deck and did not go on the field during the riot that broke out between games. The best part of the night was Detriot winning the second game by forfit because the field was distroyed!

I also injoyed watching the young ladies take showers the center field stands during the nights games in the summer.

Never been to the new Comisky - would not be the same. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been in California since 11, so a few years now...;-) but my dad raised us to love the SOX and hate the Cubs! :-D He has a brick in his office from the original Comisky!! I also have my picture with Chet Lemon, he was my favorite player! :-D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just another reason I can brag that I know Kerri! The girl knows her Chitown teams! ;-)

As someone who grew up in the northwest burbs, I'd take those free tickets to Sox games when you got good grades in school (back in the 70's with the likes of Wilbur Wood, Stan Bahnson, Dick Allen, Bill Melton, Carlos May, Ricky Henderson, etc.). I was the only south side fan in the nw burbs...and learned to despise the favoritism of the 2ND best baseball team in Chicago (I wonder what the records over the past 25 years would show? Who really HAS been the #1 team in Chicago?).

Anyway, I eventually mellowed in my despisal for the north side team...I mean...come on...I HAD to feel sorry for my pathetic Cubby pals who kept saying "wait till next year!".

Oh yeah, and long live Steve Dahl! I moved to So.Cal 4.5 years ago and still go to dahl.com and download his shows (and listen to Jonathon Brandmeir here in L.A. in the mornings ;-)

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Arizona - Cubs Baseball [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chet Lemon!!!! He now live in Eustis, Florida (about 10 miles from Howey in the Hills where I live) He coach the Eustis High School Baseball Team and took the to the state finals last year! Of course, I liked him better when he played for Detriot! Z
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Arizona - Cubs Baseball [Craigster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, and long live Steve Dahl! I moved to So.Cal 4.5 years ago and still go to dahl.com and download his shows (and listen to Jonathon Brandmeir here in L.A. in the mornings ;-)
~ Craigster

My favorite DJ was Larry Lujack little Tommy at WLS - Animal stories were the best. John Record Landecker was also GREAT.
Quote Reply