Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finis SwimP3
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have one yet? It's been awhile since this last came up.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Finis SwimP3 [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There were a couple of reviews by folks on TNO who got them for Xmas. Reviews were mixed, but leaning toward positive.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Finis SwimP3 [scout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TNO?

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
www.trinewbies.com

Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze
Quote Reply
Re: Finis SwimP3 [Keyser_Soze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So why did you change your tag?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i got mine yesterday and i'm gonna try it tomorrow. It looks stupid and they had installed the mp3 player in the wrong way on those elastic straps, so it took a while before i was able to put it on my head in the right way. But i think it will work great (although other swimming pool users will probably complain about the noise, because you can hear the music when somebody else is wearing it and isn't swimming. and im a terrible swimmer so i rest a lot. but thats probably the reason why they gave earplugs with them, so you can't here other people complaining.)

i will write a review a.s.a.p.
Quote Reply
Re: Finis SwimP3 [harm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm terrible in writting reviews, but i am gonna do it anyway. so here it is:

ok ,i did my first swimming session with the swimp3 and i love it, this thing is really going to help me improve my swimming. i am a beginner swimmer and i don't feel comfortable in the water and because of that i have trouble breathing while swimming because i don't want to drown. but i didn't have that problem with my favorite music in the background( i was even able to sing with the music while swimming without drowning). This was also the first time i really enjoyed swimming.

the music was loud enough and i didn't really noticed that i had a big thing on the back of my head. It looks stupid when you are wearing it, but it doesn't look as stupid as those fat man wearing speedos, so nobody was laughing at me(well not more that usual).
Quote Reply
Love mine as well... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a review I wrote on another site a few days ago:

I've had my SwimP3 for about a week now and have swam with it for about five hours. All I have to say is that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this thing. I cannot imagine going through IM training without it. I'm just one of those people who, unfortunately, needs tunes for high-volume training. And, let's face it, this self-proclaimed gadget girl loves toys.

The unit comes with adjustable Lane 4 goggles. I have a pair of Speedo goggles that would work as well. Sound quality, particularly once submerged in the water, is excellent. The user's manual suggests using the included ear plugs for noise reduction but I have not found it necessary, thus far. And none of my tracks have skipped yet. Additionally, keep in mind that this is a USB device. I'm not aware of any other models with Firewire. Standard battery life is four hours. I've used mine up to two hours with no difference in sound performance.

The only downside I can think of, aside from the price ($200 + free shipping at Swimoutlet), is that the buttons on this "prototype" are a nightmare. Adjusting volume and skipping tracks during your workout is a huge pain, particularly with wet hands. However, I've had it long enough now that I have set the volume to my preference and just do continuous play of music instead of fastforwarding or repeating.

My swim workouts are flyin' by!

Oh yea, if you don't want to look like a Borg, this gadget is definitely *not* for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love mine. I listen to Neil Young's Arc for my first 45 mins, and then either pipe in old Guns or Van Halen for the rest of my laps
Quote Reply