Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anyone have trouble with Asics Gel-Nimbus?
Quote | Reply
I've been running higher mileage for a year with no problems then got plantar fasciitis 3 weeks after buying these now a sore knee. Could be coincidental but I'm not sure. I'm thinking they actually have too much cushion for me...I have mid to high arches, 177 lbs at 6', forefoot striker.

I'm considering going back to lighter trainers/flats like the DS Trainers but may want to look at Mizuno or NB. Advice?
Quote Reply
Re: anyone have trouble with Asics Gel-Nimbus? [Pony Boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DS trainers probably have more stability than the Gel-Nimbus which is a more neutral type of shoe. If you want to stick to Asics you might be better off with the 2090's or what ever that line is up to in number now. What sort of mileage do you mean by high mileage? I personally have had great luck with Mizunos of different types, but running shoes are a very personal decision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
(Click)
This is a recording.
Try Vitruvians. Clearance of the older design $30. How can you lose?
This has been a recording. (Click)

I am NOT affiliated with Vitruvian, except the shoes on my and many of many family's feet.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone have trouble with Asics Gel-Nimbus? [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry but, man, those are nasty looking...I'm too vain to wear them...much more my style to pay 4x as much for shoes half as good
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pony Boy,

What model were you wearing before the Nimbus? And was their a particular reason you purchased the Nimbus (ie, recommendation of sales person, etc)? Feel free to PM me, if you'd like to discuss off forum.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also ended up with a case of plantar fasciitis after wearing the Gel-Nimbus. I'm 6"4"/210-215lbs, medium to high arches, and pretty neutral. I had been a longtime Kayano user, but had to change shoes after a re-designed version of the Kayano started giving me blisters. My local running store recommended the Nimbus. After wearing them for a couple months I started to get plantar fasciitis in my left foot. I should have changed shoes at that point, but I kept wearing the Nimbus and even bought a couple more pairs... The plantar fasciitis became chonic and I eventually decided to go back to Kayanos. Between the Kayanos and the use of a TP Massage Footballer I'm almost cured. It has taken quite a while though... I finally figured out that although the Nimbus gave me a lot of cushioning and would hold up the pounding a guy of my size gives them they don't have a high enough arch to support my foot properly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]sorry but, man, those are nasty looking...I'm too vain to wear them...much more my style to pay 4x as much for shoes half as good[/reply]

To each his own. I like the simplicity. I hate all of that ugly useless crap on most of them. Besides, as comfortable as these are, I'd pay 4X as much for the same shoe.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been running in the Nimbus for several years. The latest version, I think it's the VI, is great. One of the earlier versions had a lot of heel slippage. I'm 6' and 185 and have had no problems with PF. Although, I do put superfeet in all of my running shoes as I had problems with PF 4 years ago. I also run in the Asics Landreth which is well cushioned but not quite as "substantial" (if that's a good way to put it) as the Nimbus. I feel faster in the Landreth, despite the fact I am anything but fast.

Give the Landreth a go.

could also be your mileage,,,,i am only runnning about 20 - 22 miles/week right now.
Quote Reply