Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Relocation to South Boston, MA?
Quote | Reply
I have the opportunity to relocate with my company to Eastern Mass. The company is actually in Raynham, MA. Any slowtwitchers out there? What are the surrounding areas like in terms of roads, clubs, races, etc.

Looking for reasonable priced housing (I know it's near Boston, but I assume some areas are cheaper than others? No problems driving up to 30-45 minutes if it will save me 100 g's), and good schools for the kids.

Any insights or words of encouragement would be welcome. I'm really struggling with this decision since we're currently in Ohio, and I'm really scared by the housing prices/cost of living. Otherwise, the opportunity is great.

Thanks

Ron
Quote Reply
Re: Relocation to South Boston, MA? [rfarkash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there is quite a bit of racing around here. you are far enough out of Boston to find good (even rural) roads within a short drive. I dont know if you MTB but there is some racing and plenty of trails out there. A few tri teams to choose from too, if you are into that. I live in RI so I cant help real estate or school wise, sorry.

check out firm-racing.com and http://www.trifind.com/ma.html to get started.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My GF used to work in Raynham, lives in Norton. Raynham is about halfway between Boston and Providence, RI. Don't know much about the tri/cycling scene, but housing is outrageously expensive by midwest standards

salmon - not because I'm a fish
Quote Reply